Stock bumper and winch - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Stock bumper and winch

FS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! SPARTAN LOCKERS are on sale BIG TIME at ROCKRIDGE 4WD!Yukon Ultimate 35 axle kit for c/clip axles with Yukon Zip

Unread 03-22-2007, 08:25 PM   #1
BigJerm
2007 JK Wrangler 

Stock bumper and winch

is there any way to put a winch on the front with the stock bumper in place? I know there is probably some cutting of the bumper but with a winch plate can this be done? and if yes any pics or which winch plates/winches were used

Unread 03-22-2007, 08:57 PM   #2
Bamoman
2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJerm
is there any way to put a winch on the front with the stock bumper in place? I know there is probably some cutting of the bumper but with a winch plate can this be done? and if yes any pics or which winch plates/winches were used
hmmmm i saw a nice write up on mounting a winch upside down in the factory bumper with a rollar fair-lead, but i cant seem to find it...maybe someone else remembers where i saw that

Auto|Sirius|Trac-lok Rear Diff |35 12.50 17 MT Radial MTZs| Pro Comp 1069 polished 17x9s|Teraflex 2.5 BB|3/4 Skyjacker leveling spacer
Trail Guide Nav|Amsteel Synthetic rope 100'|Shrockworks Alum Fairlead|Grab Handles x 4|Front Winch Bumper|Rear Bumper w Tire Carrier
Tow Grp|Shrockworks Rock Sliders|T-Max 9k Winch|Wireless Winch Remote|Roadboy Fog Lights
Unread 03-24-2007, 12:24 PM   #3
CNY
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Warn's Mounting Plate Kit (PN 74249) allows the Warn M8274-50 winch to be attached to a factory bumper.

But, it only works for the M8274-50.
http://www.bc4x4.com/inthenews/default.cfm?ID=172

Sorry, no pics.
CNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-24-2007, 05:27 PM   #4
donkie

Warn PN 74247 '07 Wrangler JK (Includes Rubicon & Unlimited)

This is the part number for the Warn factory bumper mount for Warn winches other than the M8274-50

http://www.warn.com/truck/mounting-s...h_mounts.shtml

There is also mopar part number 82209740 that includes a winch mount...just a bit more $
donkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-24-2007, 08:08 PM   #5
BIGDADDYCASEY

I just installed my Mopar bumper and I was shocked how cheep the factory bumper was. Are there any pics of the factory bumper after being abused? As for the factory bumper and winch I believe that might be asking for trouble if you going to shell out the dough for a winch might as well upgrade the bumper.
BIGDADDYCASEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-24-2007, 08:23 PM   #6
BigJerm
2007 JK Wrangler 

eh.. if warn says there winch plate will work with stock then i believe it. i would do a little more research before a buy though. Thanks for the links and reason im not wanting to do the bumper is this is a daily driver with very little off road time because there is none around my house. The winch i could use because when i do want to go off road people always cant go and usually being smart can keep u out of trouble but u never know while off road

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.