Stock bumper specs - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Stock bumper specs

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all Stainless Steel Door Hinge Pins

Unread 03-09-2013, 09:55 AM   #1
takeitsleazy
2013 JK Wrangler 

Stock bumper specs

Does anyone know the width of the stock JK front bumper? the metal base, not the plastic cover. Thinking of ordering either a weld/bolt on bull bar or stinger and making my own stubby bumper, since I have neither the need nor the funds for a winch bumper (which every bumper with a stinger, fog cutouts and d-rings seems to include)

Alternatively, if anyone knows where I can get a decently priced stubby with fog cutouts, stinger, and d-rings...

Unread 03-09-2013, 10:13 AM   #2
awinski
young & dumb

2012 JK Wrangler 

you're far away, but im asking 300 for my old one. check out the classifieds thread. otherwise a few companies make bolt on winch plates at a great price, and a few sell modular bumpers, which if they bolt on to the four bolt holes on the end of each frame rail, could easily just bolt on without a bumper i almost went this route before i found my local shop
Unread 03-09-2013, 10:28 AM   #3
Make mine a Jeep!

2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by takeitsleazy View Post
Does anyone know the width of the stock JK front bumper? the metal base, not the plastic cover...
Length: 57 ½-inchs
Width: 6-inchs
Depth: 3-inches
1222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-09-2013, 10:32 AM   #4
JTPhoto
Web Wheeler

2008 JK Wrangler 

MRBP makes a nice bull bar with light tabs for the factory bumper. Then add the stubby end kit and you are good to go.
2008 Black and Khaki Sahara Unlimited. Auto, Tow pkg, Dual Tops, MyGig, Trax-Lok rear diff. 3.5" Rock Krawler fr springs, rear TeraFlex 2.5 BB, 35x12.50x17 Pitbull Rockers on Blackrock Viper Alloys, Flex-o-lite trans cooler, Mr Grille billet grille inserts, AEV Prem Bumper ETC.. AND a Locked and Lifted Honda Foreman for when the trails get real tight
JTPhoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-09-2013, 10:54 AM   #5
takeitsleazy
2013 JK Wrangler 

Thanks for the quick responses! Definitely good info from all.

As a side note.. everyone selling modular bumpers seem to be charging most, just for the versatility...

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.