Stock Audio Upgrade - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Stock Audio Upgrade

FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectRIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all Toxic Brakes - 3000 PSI Braided Stainless Steel Brake Line

Unread 08-26-2015, 09:06 AM   #1
Andrex19
2010 JK Wrangler 

Stock Audio Upgrade

Hey guys,

2010 Jeep JK with Infinity Sound

I am looking to upgrade my head unit so that I can have bluetooth built-in and better sound than the stock stereo without breaking the bank.

I'm looking to purchase the Pioneer DEH-X6700bt (single-din) head unit.
http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/PU...rs/DEH-X6700BT

I also have found the mount that I want to use with it.
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/metra-in...at165900050033

I spoke with the car audio install guys around town and I'm being told that in addition to a wiring harness, I'll need an antenna adapter and some type of module that allows the Jeep computer to talk to the head unit. The guy basically told me it's the module that will keep the head unit on after the ignition is turned off since everything is computer driven vs. switches. The module is pretty expensive too.

Basically my question is... Does anyone have an opinion on what additional equipment I will need in order to hook up the head unit?

I miss the days when all you needed was a new stereo, mount and harness!!

Thanks in advance for your help!

Andrex19 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-26-2015, 09:53 AM   #2
uranium9v
2015 JK Wrangler 

he's talking about the idatalink maestro set up. It works well integrating with the factory amp and system. It's pricey though, i've see the lowest on ebay. You'll need the module and the specific harness. You'll also need an antenna adapter, SAT radio adapter (if you wanna keep that) and the Metra install kit. All in all it's an extra $150-200. If you buy your radio from Crutchfield they give you a hefty discount on the install gear.
uranium9v is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-26-2015, 09:59 AM   #3
Andrex19
2010 JK Wrangler 

Thanks for your help! Would you advise that the idatalink maestro module is required? Basically, could I get away with just the harness and antenna adapter?
Unread 08-26-2015, 11:00 AM   #4
uranium9v
2015 JK Wrangler 

i dont think a basic harness it's self would work. Apparently all the chiming and such is routed through the speakers so there's additional wiring wizardry happening there. I do believe there's another option besides the Maestro that works (think its from PAC). Cheaper option, but I can't give feedback on that since I haven't tried it.
uranium9v is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-26-2015, 11:56 AM   #5
Andrex19
2010 JK Wrangler 

Ok, I'll check that option out. Thanks again for the advice!

Tags
audio , head unit , pioneer , stereo system , upgrades

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.