Stickers or No Stickers - Page 6 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Stickers or No Stickers

FS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! Nitro Gear Packages Now Available at Rockridge 4wdGear Packages Available! Your # 1 Diff Shop is ROCKRIDGE 4

Unread 03-21-2010, 10:31 AM   #76
GEM1N1
2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tclaremont View Post
Sticking your advertising on MY property is a way of showing you appreciate my business?

I fail to see the logic. If you did that to my house you would be arrested for graffiti.
I think you missed my slight hint of sarcasm in that one. In sales wether cars or anything else, you run into the occasional customer that is a PITA that leaves you thinking, man this guy is a complete j##k@ss. We only do this when said customer request the stickers removed from the normal locations. Not even a handful of times a year. Just us getting the last laugh. That is all.

Missouri Concealed Carry Permit
Kansas Concealed Carry Permit
www.KcConcealedCarry.com
GEM1N1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-21-2010, 10:37 AM   #77
tclaremont
2014 JK Wrangler 

Again... defacing someone else's property isnt really getting the last laugh.

I saw the sarcasm. I am expert in the dialect. What I don't understand is that dealers as a whole don't understand why defacing someone else's property is offensive to some, especially when a customer is actually charged for the service they are involuntarilly providing to the dealership.

The ironic part is that apparently YOU don't understand the issue here.

BTW: I really dont mean to come across as a stick in the mud or a jerk. I have come to expect dealerships to do stupid things. At least they have moved to stickers instead of drilling friggin holes in the trunklid to attach the advertising like they used to! It just seems like people affiliated with dealerships would want to make public posts in forums that HELP the dealer image more than hurt it, especially in these trying times.

I guess if they were geniuses they wouldn't be selling cars, though.
-------------------------------------
tclaremont is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-21-2010, 10:54 AM   #78
GEM1N1
2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tclaremont View Post
Again... defacing someone else's property isnt really getting the last laugh.

I saw the sarcasm. I am expert in the dialect. What I don't understand is that dealers as a whole don't understand why defacing someone else's property is offensive to some, especially when a customer is actually charged for the service they are involuntarilly providing to the dealership.

The ironic part is that apparently YOU don't understand the issue here.

BTW: I really dont mean to come across as a stick in the mud or a jerk. I have come to expect dealerships to do stupid things. At least they have moved to stickers instead of drilling friggin holes in the trunklid to attach the advertising like they used to! It just seems like people affiliated with dealerships would want to make public posts in forums that HELP the dealer image more than hurt it, especially in these trying times.

I guess if they were geniuses they wouldn't be selling cars, though.
I'm not even going to entertain that with a response....
Missouri Concealed Carry Permit
Kansas Concealed Carry Permit
www.KcConcealedCarry.com
GEM1N1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-21-2010, 11:07 AM   #79
tclaremont
2014 JK Wrangler 

No problem. I didnt think it warranted a response.

For the record, I sold cars as one of my first jobs out of high school. They sent me to "sales training" and I was completely aghast at the immoral, unscrupulous things that they instructed the salesmen to do. As much as the general public has a feeling as to what goes on when the salesman takes a stoll, this stuff was something else altogether. I had to quit the job due to the fact that I had a conscience.

Now, I realize that not all dealerships work this way. I was naive at the time, but over the years learned that the dealership I was working for was the shadiest of the shady. But it certainly helped to cement the negativity I seem to hold for dealerships.

The second negative instance was completely my fault, but did not help the dealership image. One of my first cars was a Renault Fuego. I bought the car by paying exactly what the salesman told me the car cost. It was 5995. When I got home, the same car was advertised in the paper for 4495. I went back to the dealer crying foul, and the salesman told me that the car in the paper was a different car. Uh huh... two Renault Fuegos in the same color with the same miles at a Chevy dealer??? I was not so ticked about the difference in price as much as I was insulted that he told me it was for a different car.

So, forgive my dealer negativity. It seems they bring it upon themselves though, and I am suprised when they don't do what they can to improve the image.
-------------------------------------
tclaremont is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-21-2010, 11:45 AM   #80
Bionicrooster
2010 JK Wrangler 

I am confused as to why a customer asking to have the dealership stickers removed is a "PITA"?

I guess selling cars is one business where "the customer is awlays right"is not the motto....

Back to the subject at hand, I usually remove stickers, but leave badges. On my Jeep I am removing all stickers and the JEEP logo on the grill, just leaving the trail rated badges.

Last edited by Bionicrooster; 03-21-2010 at 12:53 PM..
Bionicrooster is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-22-2010, 01:02 AM   #81
Thane1
2008 JK Wrangler 

I prefer no dealer decals period. Its my business where I bought the vehicle and no one elses.

The "X" and the "Wrangler" I pull recently because they started to peel off and looked ragged.

I do have a few 3" decals on my rear bumper, my old military unit, a flag and my employer's old logo. I wont replace them when I swap out the bumper.

How hard is it to remove the JEEP logo on the grill, jand the "trail rated" badges? They looked solidly attached I dont want to trash my paint pulling them off...
Thane1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-22-2010, 07:12 AM   #82
Murdoc13
2010 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thane1 View Post
How hard is it to remove the JEEP logo on the grill, jand the "trail rated" badges? They looked solidly attached I dont want to trash my paint pulling them off...
I took off the Jeep from the front and it wasn't hard at all. Just take a heat gun to soften up the adhesive. I put a rag against the paint to prevent any damage and just used a flat head screw driver to pry towards me. Came of nicely and then some goo gone to take off the remaining adhesive.

The letters aren't metal like they used to be, they seem to be plastic so they folded as I took them off so don't hope to reuse them somewhere else.

I didn't try but I'm imagining the Trail Rated badge would come off very much the same way.
Unread 04-14-2010, 10:52 PM   #83
wilywillie
Web Wheeler

2008 JK Wrangler 

I just got my fingertips under the edge of the "badge", and pulled......came right off. And I rubbed the adhesive with my thumb until it was all gone.
It's just me, but I don't like the idea of "advertising" that my Jeep can go off road. I let it speak for itself, with mods, mud, rash, pinstripes, etc. We all know the difference between a trail rig and a mall crawler when we see it, right?
wilywillie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-14-2010, 11:05 PM   #84
RaggedOleMan
2005 TJ Wrangler 

I'm still a kid at heart...
dsc00821.jpg  
RaggedOleMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-14-2010, 11:45 PM   #85
Liquor
BOUNTY HUNTER

2007 JK Wrangler 

Note: Trail rated badge covers original radio antenna hole. it was relocated to the tire carrier

At EJS 2010 Vendor Show

Full Build Thread

2002 TJ Sport - Sold

"CAIN" '07 Jeep JK 426 HEMI 685 HP & 650 ft lbs
Facebook Twitter YouTube

MrDeids.com Your Jeep and Gaming Social Network
2012 Sponsors:
Pitbull Tires Poison Spyder Customs Poly Performance Rigid Industries Rock Krawler Suspension Spiderweb Shade
Magazine Feature:
2007 Jeep Wrangler - 426 Hemi JK - All The Right Stuff Oct, '11
Liquor is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-15-2010, 01:39 AM   #86
Seanie
2007 JK Wrangler 

I'm probably gonna take off the wrangler stickers on mine. I want to put something on the hood, but I have yet to come across the right word or phrase that will go there. It's gotta come to me.

I was thinking 'Ginger'.

Kidding.
Unread 04-15-2010, 01:49 AM   #87
jeeper92
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Oh, you mean like these stickers;

][/quote]

I like this one A LOT
Unread 04-15-2010, 08:37 AM   #88
fan45acp
2010 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nellanaesp View Post
I'm probably gonna take off the wrangler stickers on mine. I want to put something on the hood, but I have yet to come across the right word or phrase that will go there. It's gotta come to me.

I was thinking 'Ginger'.

Kidding.
How about, "MOLON LABE" stay armed stay safe........J.H.
fan45acp is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-15-2010, 11:02 AM   #89
rentalguy1

I had said that I wasn't going to put any stickers on the JK, but a friend sent one for the TEA party today, and I put it on the back. I may as well go crazy now.

rentalguy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-15-2010, 12:29 PM   #90
ctgretzky99
2011 JK Wrangler 

Im going to remove my stickers once I get into modding, and when I decide on a design. I will keep the "sport" sticker idea, but create my own whereas the "sport" is incorporated into a mountain silhouette or something like that.

Just fyi, if you need any custom stickers made at all, let me know. My company has a complete in-house graphic design and production department. We do truck lettering, boat lettering and anything else in this genre.

PM me if you want t see some projects. Unfortunately, no Jeeps, but we can make anything for anyone, and Ill give ya the Jeep discount $

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.