Steps for 2011 Rubicon - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Steps for 2011 Rubicon

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all Stainless Steel Door Hinge Pins

Unread 10-11-2012, 01:42 AM   #1
AJ78
2011 JK Wrangler 

Steps for 2011 Rubicon

Hello everyone. I just bought a brand new 2011 (yes 2011) Rubicon. I have 3 kids and one is a 5 year old and getting in to that back seat for her can be precarious, especially with winter coming upon us. Of course the Rubicon came with the rock rails on it and I am wondering if anyone has come across steps that don't require the removal of the rock rails. I've seen the ones by M.O.R.E. but I don't want to mess with drilling and shimming for the back steps and also I am hoping to find a cheaper method as 4 steps at $117 a piece seems a bit pricey to me. I dropped a message to the folks at quadratec but haven't gotten a reply yet so I am turning to all of you. Anyone have any tips or suggestions?? If I have to I will take the rails off, but I'd like to leave them on if possible. Thanks in advance everyone!!

AJ78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-11-2012, 05:35 AM   #2
spyder6
Got that Toyota chit

Rocker protection is key when Offroad. Do you not intend to use the rubicon to the potential it was built for? Anything that drops down below (ie a step) will severely inhibit Offroad performance in low clearance areas

If you're really dead set on a set of steps to get you into your jeep, N-fab makes decent ones. It's well outside your idea of reasonably priced though

I just spent almost $875 on new rockers

Sent by Paper Planes

My builds: Bruiser and The Grey

|Forge Overland| or follow us on Facebook
spyder6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-11-2012, 06:02 AM   #3
AJ78
2011 JK Wrangler 

I would like to say yes I plan on going off road, but I am living in Germany and I don't think there is as many off road places here. Bottom line though the reason I got the Rubicon was because I got an amazing deal on it. Brand new for 30k. Anyway, I take it I will need to sacrifice the rock rails for the convenience of steps.
Unread 10-11-2012, 06:09 AM   #4
thedude386
2011 JK Wrangler 

If you have fabrication skills, there are kits that allow you to weld some tubing to the factory rock rails. Also, you could cut your own tubing to the sizes you want to or you could have a shop do it. Also, ACE engineering makes sliders that function as steps and fit with the use of the rock rails. They do hang down a little bit, but from what I have seen, those are your only real options. Also, the M.O.R.E step, http://www.quadratec.com/products/12590_1207.htm, may be an option.
thedude386 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-11-2012, 06:31 AM   #5
AJ78
2011 JK Wrangler 

nah, don't have the time or the facilities for that stuff. I'll look into the ACE engineering thing though. THanks.
Unread 10-11-2012, 07:32 AM   #6
JeepCares

A little folding step stool until she grows up a bit?
JeepCares is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-11-2012, 07:49 AM   #7
robplumm
2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJ78 View Post
nah, don't have the time or the facilities for that stuff. I'll look into the ACE engineering thing though. THanks.
Look into laws regarding modification of vehicles over there as well.

I'm looking at the ACE for the same reasons, though. Price, good overall protection for what I'll be doing, and a step for the wife and kid. Plus they mesh up really well with the Rubi rock guards (I don't care for them w/out the Rubi rockers)
robplumm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-11-2012, 02:36 PM   #8
spyder6
Got that Toyota chit

Even though you are against drilling, take a look at teraflexs rockers. They're extruded from 3/16ths aluminum. Corrosion resistant, and very light weight. It's a great choice for the price. Shutup Oprah on this forum was t-boned in the side of his JK and they went pretty much unphased and saved his jeep from being totaled

Being aluminum, the shipping to Germany would be a lot cheaper as well

Sent by Paper Planes

My builds: Bruiser and The Grey

|Forge Overland| or follow us on Facebook
spyder6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-11-2012, 03:44 PM   #9
DangFoo
I Had Bacon Today

2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepCares View Post
A little folding step stool until she grows up a bit?
Actually, not a bad idea. My wife and I always lifted our 5-year old into the Jeep and he was able to start climbing in by his lonesome [our JK has a 3" lift] at 6 years old. It might not be worth it to spend the money or do anything for such a short product lifetime.

Otherwise, you can check out the Warrior steps at Quadratec; not very expensive and there may be a means to install them without removing the rails.
DangFoo is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-11-2012, 05:28 PM   #10
poolboy93
2012 JK Wrangler 

These where welded to my rock guards on my tj I made them myself but I'm sure you could find someone to make something similar. They could customize something to exactly what you want.
image-3515053595.jpg  
poolboy93 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.