Stepping on the gas & hearing a noise - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Stepping on the gas & hearing a noise

Jeep Grand Cherokee Mirror - Side ViewJeep Grand Cherokee Header PanelTJ 5.25" Speaker Adapters - NalinMFG

Unread 12-08-2013, 12:06 PM   #16
GlennH

I have the same problem. I have a full MBRP Cat Back Exhuast and its not that heat shield at the crosspipe or muffler. When driving into 4th gear the jeeps rpm curve goes from 3,000ish down to 1700 and then back up, during this the jeep is going about 60km/h and then speed increases to 65-68km/h and is about 21-2200rpm. Its a rattle or grinding sound when on the accelerator but when you let off the gas it goes away.

any such luck or new ideas?

GlennH is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-08-2013, 12:16 PM   #17
pineaur

My '13 JK makes a noise similar to what the OP posted. It DOES sound like a heat shield rattle to me. Going to have to climb back there in the engine compartment and see if it's a poor weld or a crappy design. Noticed it with only about 3k miles on it. Mine is a six speed manual.
pineaur is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.