Steering stabilizer relocate with stock suspension - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Steering stabilizer relocate with stock suspension

Rough Country Lift Kits and Parts!The ULTIMATE "Selectable" Locker System! BroughIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 05-28-2013, 05:17 PM   #1
Don-T
2012 JK Wrangler 

Steering stabilizer relocate with stock suspension

Does anyone know if the stock or an aftermarket steering stabilizer can be relocated out of harms way with a stock suspension?

Unread 05-28-2013, 05:51 PM   #2
RockyClymer
RedRock4Wheeler

2008 JK Wrangler 

Yes.
"It takes a special kind of stupid to believe criminals will follow gun laws."
I do not consider myself a smartass. I point out the obvious, search for the truth, and speak fluent sarcasm. I am, by experience, an accomplished curmudgeon.
RockyClymer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-28-2013, 05:52 PM   #3
Tanimal
Why are you reading this?

2008 JK Wrangler 

I recently installed the Old Man Emu steering stabilizer and relocation bracket. It should also work with a stock suspension setup as far as I can tell.

-=-CLICK HERE FOR MY XJ BUILD THREAD-=-

Learning as I go and it's worth every penny!
Tanimal is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-28-2013, 07:08 PM   #4
slider_68
2011 JK Wrangler 

Yes, I relocated mine with the bracket from Jeepswag, inexpensive and less than 30 minutes to install
slider_68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-28-2013, 08:16 PM   #5
222Doc
2012 JK Wrangler 

makes me wonder why Jeep would make that a low hung fruit. Perhaps so when it gets ripped off they can charge you $$$ to replace it do to abuse.

Yes get a kit or make one to flip it on top of the tie rod. Then it is the tie rod thats in the line of fire next. They bend like al dente pasta too.
Unread 05-28-2013, 08:50 PM   #6
jopolly3

2013 JK Wrangler 

I installed my OME stabilizer with stock suspension and it hits the bottom of the frame when you bounce it around on the rocks...

2013 JKU Rubicon 6spd: ARB Dana 44 covers F&R, Expedition One front bumper & swaybar skid, Hella driving lamps, JKS adjustable track bars F&R, MBRP SS off-road exhaust, OME HD springs and shocks, OME relocated SS, Rock Hard 4x4 gas tank skid, Rock Hard 4x4 oil pan skid, Rock Hard 4x4 rock sliders, Rock Hard 4x4 transfer case skid, Spidertrax wheel spacers, Superwinch LP8500 Gen 1

2002 Subaru WRX: Cobb intake, Mishimoto aluminum radiator, Kartboy short throw shifter and bushings

1960 CJ-6: Never ending project rig

Build Threads:

JKUR - http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f96/j...hread-1522982/

CJ6 - http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f8/jo...hread-1347975/

WJ - http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f197/...auren-1033184/

"BFG makes some good rubbers, if they sold condoms I'd buy them" -Owen Horner
jopolly3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-28-2013, 08:55 PM   #7
joe002
2008 JK Wrangler 

Woods is good.
AEV Pintlers, BFG KM2s 35x12.50x17, Bulldog Fab Stubby Bump, Currie F/R Adj Trac Bars, Daystar Upper Dash, FireStik FireFly antenna, Kilby Rear Shock Skids, LoD Sig Stubby Bump, Midland 75-822 CB, Mopar Filler Door & Locking Gas Cap, Rancho LCA Skids, Rancho Oil Pan Armor, Riddler Diff Covers, custom Rubi Sliders, Sylvania X-treme Headlights, TeraFlex 2.5" Spring Lift, Warn PowerPlant HD, Woods Evap Can Relo, Woods SS Relo, Yukon 5.38s
joe002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-28-2013, 10:52 PM   #8
Walle
Soccer Mom and Jeep Hater

2012 JK Wrangler 

Here is a writeup that I did last year. http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f96/d...acket-1341276/
Walle is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-29-2013, 03:57 PM   #9
Don-T
2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockyClymer View Post
Yes.

Now this is the answer I give my wife on most of her questions that are as vague as the one I asked.

Thanks for the input guys, now I have a direction to take before I knock the stabilizer off.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.