Steering issues - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Steering issues

Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge BushingsDisc Brake Kits from ECGS

Unread 05-26-2013, 07:05 PM   #31
insaneinline
2013 JK Wrangler 

Wow now that's just a mess I think I would demand to talk to the idiot who did it with the service manager they should not be working on people vehicles at all , I hope you get it straightened out man

Sent from my iPhone using JeepForum

insaneinline is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-26-2013, 07:36 PM   #32
Make mine a Jeep!

2012 JK Wrangler 

Damm thatís unbelievable if not for the pics. This guy that did that ****ty work should be let go. It literally looks like they used a trained monkey that you hear about but this one was a bit high at the time. Donít let this go it needs to be dealt with and good luck.
1222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-26-2013, 08:16 PM   #33
BadBarret
2007 JK Wrangler 

Yeah I'm not happy at all. What if someone brought in a show vehicle or a new one for that matter and and did all that to it. I wish I would have noticed before I left and they should have said something anyway. I will be going back this Tuesday and demand it be made right.
BadBarret is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-28-2013, 05:20 PM   #34
BadBarret
2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBoss View Post
I see they are living up to the nationwide standard of sub par Chrysler mechanics. Please include the dealerships name in your next post so nobody makes the mistake of going to them in the future.

Choose your demands wisely knowing that the same grease monkeys will be replacing the same parts they ****ed up to begin with.
Well I went back there today and pointed it all out to the service manager who did not see a problem or any wrong doing. I mentioned if someone brought in a show vehicle or even just a new one and had it gnarled up like that but it wasn't getting through to him. All he said they could do was file down the burrs and repaint it, and I said we'll I can do that. After 20 minutes or so I just gave up because it was clear that they would not accept any fault in the matter. Later found out from a co-worker who has a JKU that he has has his aligned and his tie rod does not look like mine, so it's clear they messed up. However I refus to deal with a place that accepts no liability for things they do. So I left and will not go back.

As for the steering issue I went to my buddies house and centered the axle and re centered the steering wheel myself. Now have my full turning radius back both left and right.

The dealership is McClurg Dodge Chrysler Jeep in Perry NY
Unread 05-28-2013, 05:46 PM   #35
Tanimal
Why are you reading this?

2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadBarret View Post

As for the steering issue I went to my buddies house and centered the axle and re centered the steering wheel myself. Now have my full turning radius back both left and right.
Took it upon yourself! Love it! Congrats

-=-CLICK HERE FOR MY XJ BUILD THREAD-=-

Learning as I go and it's worth every penny!
Tanimal is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-28-2013, 06:16 PM   #36
BadBarret
2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanimal View Post

Took it upon yourself! Love it! Congrats
Haha thanks! I should also mention that I got the esp/bas light to go off too. I just find it sad my local Jeep dealer couldn't/wouldn't help me out.
Unread 05-28-2013, 06:24 PM   #37
TheBoss
2012 JK Wrangler 

More importantly you learned how your Jeep functions and are further down the road of independence from repairs you can do yourself.

[COLOR="Black"][CENTER][SIZE="4"][FONT="Showcard Gothic"][COLOR="Black"][URL="http://groups.jeepforum.com/built-not-bought/"][COLOR="Black"]Built Not Bought #690[/COLOR][/URL][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/CENTER][/COLOR]
[COLOR="Red"]"I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." Thomas Jefferson[/COLOR][SIZE="2"][/SIZE]
TheBoss is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.