Steering 2013 JK - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Steering 2013 JK

ROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineSavvy Billet LED Tail Lights

Unread 07-02-2014, 11:06 AM   #1
S1L3NT_WH33L3R
2005 WK 

Steering 2013 JK

Have a '13 JK sport on a Teraflex 2.5" lift. Death wobble is getting bad so I'm looking at getting an entire front end done. Any recommendations on high steerkits? Looking at the Teraflex High Steer kit. Looks to be most complete.

image-3638861664.jpg

'05 WK Limited, QD-II, 5.7L HEMI, Volant Cold Air Intake, Aries Taillight Guards, Rola Roof Rack, Cobra CB, Firestik Antennas, Magnaflow Performance Exhaust, OME HD lift, 285/70-17 GY Duratracs, Spidertrax Spacers, Superchips Programmer, Steel Armadillo Super Sliders
~Jeep makes it HEMI shakes it~Ain't Nothing Humble about that HEMI Rumble~
S1L3NT_WH33L3R is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-02-2014, 12:12 PM   #2
222Doc
Web Wheeler

2012 JK Wrangler 

high steer will not fix DW. Before you start the replace the front end thing. You need to find out why it is.
1# Tires balanced correctly.

2# track bar issues. The factory track bar has some very poorly made bushings. The bolts tend to crush the inner sleeve. This leads to looseness. It can be missed even doing the steering test. One way i found to tell if its FUBAR. try to remove the bolts if they pull out the bushing sleeve is ok. If the bolt seems stuck. The sleeve has deformed. just righting it more ends up just making it worse.

3# if everything in the suspension is ok. what is your caster angle?
Unread 07-02-2014, 12:33 PM   #3
S1L3NT_WH33L3R
2005 WK 

I'm replacing everything. Track bar, drag link, tie rod, bushings, and stabilizer. That was the plan from the beginning
'05 WK Limited, QD-II, 5.7L HEMI, Volant Cold Air Intake, Aries Taillight Guards, Rola Roof Rack, Cobra CB, Firestik Antennas, Magnaflow Performance Exhaust, OME HD lift, 285/70-17 GY Duratracs, Spidertrax Spacers, Superchips Programmer, Steel Armadillo Super Sliders
Unread 07-02-2014, 01:44 PM   #4
BlackNMWK
2008 WK 

If that's all you going to replace you still need to check your ball joints.
BlackNMWK is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-02-2014, 11:04 PM   #5
motoguy1251
2012 JK Wrangler 

Synergy parts are a great system to run. I know a lot of us run them including me.
motoguy1251 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-03-2014, 12:33 AM   #6
mtnbiker995
Livin the dream

2009 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by S1L3NT_WH33L3R
I'm replacing everything. Track bar, drag link, tie rod, bushings, and stabilizer. That was the plan from the beginning
What do you need a stabilizer for?

Sent from my iPad using JeepForum
Unread 07-05-2014, 04:08 PM   #7
HOKIES2010
Web Wheeler

2011 JK Wrangler 

On the trackbar make sure the holes are not jacked up. If the trackbar bolts weren't tight enough they can distort the hole.

And the stock steering stabilizer works fine. Don't waste your money on a fancy one unless you get really want something shinny up front.
Unread 07-06-2014, 11:03 AM   #8
S1L3NT_WH33L3R
2005 WK 

Well I bent the track bar a while back. Ever since then it's thrown off everything up front which is why I'm just gonna replace it all
Unread 07-06-2014, 03:21 PM   #9
mtnbiker995
Livin the dream

2009 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by S1L3NT_WH33L3R
Well I bent the track bar a while back. Ever since then it's thrown off everything up front which is why I'm just gonna replace it all
Bent the track bar?! Holy **** lol

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.