Stabilizer advice - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Stabilizer advice

Jeep Gear & Install Packages!Rough Country Lift Kits and Parts!USA Standard Chromoly Front Axle Shaft Kits with Dana 30 4

Unread 08-09-2013, 11:08 AM   #1
nathanmilsaps
2012 JK Wrangler 

Stabilizer advice

I have a 12 Rubi JK, 2.5" RK lift on 35" MT ATZ.
The previous owner installed a Skyjacker Dual SS, similar to the pic below (which is not my jeep). I've already done the research and figured out that it's not needed.
I'm looking to remove this one and put on a single SS.
Any recommendations on which one? Procomp? Synergy? OME? Others?
And do I need a kit / bracket?
And where is the best install location?

Any advice is helpful. And since I have to put a single back on, I'd like to do it the best way.

nathanmilsaps is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-09-2013, 11:21 AM   #2
RockyClymer
RedRock4Wheeler

2008 JK Wrangler 

Maybe my eyes are going bad, but it looks like those two SS are all connected only to the tie rod....???
edit....be glad that is not your JK, I am convinced those are for show only as the ends need to be attached to a fixed point, as it looks, they are are just attached to the tie rod....what a joke if that is true.
"It takes a special kind of stupid to believe criminals will follow gun laws."
I do not consider myself a smartass. I point out the obvious, search for the truth, and speak fluent sarcasm. I am, by experience, an accomplished curmudgeon.
RockyClymer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-09-2013, 11:25 AM   #3
tonka_yellow

it bolts to the axle is what i am thinking. you can see it in the picture here. http://www.quadratec.com/products/16071_0072.htm

I would get something like this
http://www.quadratec.com/products/16028_0009.htm

and any brand steering Stabilizer.
tonka_yellow is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-09-2013, 11:30 AM   #4
RockyClymer
RedRock4Wheeler

2008 JK Wrangler 

Yeah, maybe just the angle of the photo is bad...to the OP, loose them and just get an OEM SS...that is all that is really needed unless you want a bling name brand.
What tricked my eyes is that it looks like two black U bolts on the bottom of the tie rod at the name plate...oh well, comes with age.
I do not consider myself a smartass. I point out the obvious, search for the truth, and speak fluent sarcasm. I am, by experience, an accomplished curmudgeon.
Unread 08-09-2013, 11:33 AM   #5
ncb

Since you're going back to a single you should definitely go with a relocation bracket. You'll need the mount that attaches to the tie rod wether stock or after market. There's many to choose from. I have the OME SS and relocation kit. On the tie rid end of the SS I'm using the stock bracket.
ncb is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-09-2013, 11:38 AM   #6
nathanmilsaps
2012 JK Wrangler 

I just chose that pic as an example of the skyjacker dual ss. I'm not sure how it's installed on that Jeep, but that's not the point.

So a relocation bracket and a single stabilizer is all I need? I don't have any stock parts, I'm assuming. Unless the dual SS is using a stock bracket.

Is the OME only yellow?

I'll take a pic of my setup during lunch time today to see what is stock and not.
Unread 08-09-2013, 11:47 AM   #7
ncb

Quote:
Originally Posted by nathanmilsaps
I just chose that pic as an example of the skyjacker dual ss. I'm not sure how it's installed on that Jeep, but that's not the point.

So a relocation bracket and a single stabilizer is all I need? I don't have any stock parts, I'm assuming. Unless the dual SS is using a stock bracket.

Is the OME only yellow?

I'll take a pic of my setup during lunch time today to see what is stock and not.
You only need one and might as well relocate it. OME is only yellow. All the kits are different and come with different parts. OME kit will lack the mount for the tie rod end.
ncb is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-09-2013, 12:12 PM   #8
nathanmilsaps
2012 JK Wrangler 

Here is a pic of mine.

I need new brackets for each end.
image-1638279810.jpg

Unread 08-09-2013, 12:14 PM   #9
RockyClymer
RedRock4Wheeler

2008 JK Wrangler 

There is a difference, OEM = Original Equipment Mfgr, OME = Old Man Emu....just to clarify.
Unread 08-09-2013, 12:19 PM   #10
broken-wrangler
1992 YJ Wrangler 

I believe I have the stock one with only. 15k on it we pulled off my wife's 4 door ruby
Unread 08-09-2013, 12:34 PM   #11
nathanmilsaps
2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by broken-wrangler
I believe I have the stock one with only. 15k on it we pulled off my wife's 4 door ruby
Assuming it's for sale, how much? An what year? Why did you take it off?
Unread 08-09-2013, 02:40 PM   #12
SubAtomicGenius
Sarcastic Fantastic

2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by nathanmilsaps View Post
I have a 12 Rubi JK, 2.5" RK lift on 35" MT ATZ.
The previous owner installed a Skyjacker Dual SS, similar to the pic below (which is not my jeep). I've already done the research and figured out that it's not needed.
I'm looking to remove this one and put on a single SS.
Any recommendations on which one? Procomp? Synergy? OME? Others?
And do I need a kit / bracket?
And where is the best install location?

Any advice is helpful. And since I have to put a single back on, I'd like to do it the best way.

"OOOWWWWW MY FREAKIN' EYES!!!" Skycrapper - what a friggin' joke... what the hell is that frankenstein setup? Lol.

If you're looking for a replacement, I'd go to the Synergy site, get their relocation setup - tie rod clamp and axle bracket. Then any SS will do, even the OEM - I suppose you could even reuse one of your Skycrapper ones (as long as you paint it and toss the ugly boot).

Oh, and post a destruction video of the other SS and their advertising tag on youtube...

SubAtomicGenius is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-09-2013, 04:04 PM   #13
Filthy-Beast
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Bottom line any decent stabilizer will do, you only need one, duals waste money. Relocate it above bar. FYI: A well setup jeep doesn't need any, they are there to dampen any inputs introduced by uneven roads etc. They do not correct any suspension issues like shimmy, vibrations or DW, they only hide them while the problem gets worse.

[COLOR="red"][B]For Sale:[/B][/COLOR] [URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f129/jk-4dr-black-painted-hard-top-1000-a-1541186/"][COLOR="Blue"]2013 4dr JK Painted black Hard Top[/COLOR][/URL] [URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f127/jkur-18-59-springs-shocks-1557427/"][COLOR="Purple"]JKUR 18/59 springs and shocks[/COLOR][/URL]

[SIZE="1"][B]97 TJ:[/B] daughter 1 - 2.5L, Auto, 2" BB, 31" GY Duratrac
[B]98 TJ:[/B] Daugher 2 - 4.0L, 5spd, D44 rear
[B]06 LJ Rubicon:[/B] mine - Rokmen full up-armor, 8 adjustable CAs, front bumper, sliders, corners, Shrockworks rear bumper, 3" AEV/BDS lift, Currie HD stearing and Antirock, MT/r - k 35x12.5, SuperWinch, MC Overlines, York OBA
[B]13 JKU Rubicon:[/B] Wife's for now, Ace Rock rails & rear bumper tire carrier, Truck Lites, MC Game changer 3.5 lift, RR skids, PSC Brawler front bumper, Warn 9.5cti-s, 35" GY MTRs[/SIZE]
Filthy-Beast is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-22-2013, 08:42 PM   #14
nathanmilsaps
2012 JK Wrangler 

I ordered this.
http://www.jeep4x4center.com/rough-c...-rc-87319.html

That should let me take off the existing dual SS and this kit has both the brackets I need for a higher relocation.

Right?
Unread 08-23-2013, 12:26 AM   #15
RockyClymer
RedRock4Wheeler

2008 JK Wrangler 

It will work. What FB said, you really don't need one when set up properly.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.