Srt-8 Jk?!?!?!?! - Page 2 - JeepForum.com

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #16 of 23 Old 06-05-2006, 03:24 PM
Karamba
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: California
Posts: 559
Quote:
Originally Posted by tjsooley
i am thinking of a jk witha 6.1 hemi and 5.88 gears stock call it a "moab sr"
That's like 6K rpm at highway speed?

One loud MTF. Will be nice for ripping all your joints and shafts out..

Karamba is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #17 of 23 Old 06-05-2006, 03:45 PM
tjsooley
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: WEST MILFORD NJ
Posts: 416
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karamba
That's like 6K rpm at highway speed?

One loud MTF. Will be nice for ripping all your joints and shafts out..
highway who says anything about dd i was thinking for rock crawling

______
l ,[____],
l---L 0lllllll0-
()_) ()_)--o-)_)

http://www.myjeepspace.com/profile.php?id=653
tjsooley is offline  
post #18 of 23 Old 06-05-2006, 09:45 PM
Karamba
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: California
Posts: 559
Quote:
Originally Posted by tjsooley
highway who says anything about dd i was thinking for rock crawling
I was thinking trail, and the fact that I need to drive quite a bit before I get off the highway.

And are you planning on 40" tires? Otherwise - why not just stuff in good transfer, you will have plenty'o torque from the stock one..
Karamba is offline  
post #19 of 23 Old 06-05-2006, 10:44 PM
NEWtoTHEjeepLIF
Web Wheeler
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Chicago
Posts: 1,344
How about a ORRT8 with the Hemi, a stretched Wheelbase, D60's F&R, and some 38"s Stock! Street racing and Wrangler should never go in the same sentence.
NEWtoTHEjeepLIF is offline  
post #20 of 23 Old 06-06-2006, 04:20 AM
tjsooley
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: WEST MILFORD NJ
Posts: 416
Quote:
Originally Posted by NEWtoTHEjeepLIF
How about a ORRT8 with the Hemi, a stretched Wheelbase, D60's F&R, and some 38"s Stock! Street racing and Wrangler should never go in the same sentence.
i like your idea but th d 60 would need to be the overkill engering

______
l ,[____],
l---L 0lllllll0-
()_) ()_)--o-)_)

http://www.myjeepspace.com/profile.php?id=653
tjsooley is offline  
post #21 of 23 Old 06-06-2006, 11:28 PM
Border Dave
Got Sand?
 
Border Dave's Avatar
2001 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Bellingham, WA
Posts: 2,623
How about this?

An Unlimited with a 5.7 hemi (MDS of course), 5 speed auto tranny, NV242HD AMG, Rubicon Dana 44's, but with front and rear Detroit Truetracs instead of the Rubicon lockers, 4.56 gears, and double cardan driveshafts with 1350 u-joints. I'll take mine with about 3 inches of lift and 35 inch BFGoodrich AT's. That should be ready for ANY terrain or environment you could throw at it and still be a good daily driver.

My favorite shops in the Northwest:

http://www.clavicle3.com

http://www.jeepwest.com
Border Dave is offline  
post #22 of 23 Old 06-08-2006, 01:47 AM
NEWtoTHEjeepLIF
Web Wheeler
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Chicago
Posts: 1,344
Quote:
Originally Posted by Border Dave
How about this?

An Unlimited with a 5.7 hemi (MDS of course), 5 speed auto tranny, NV242HD AMG, Rubicon Dana 44's, but with front and rear Detroit Truetracs instead of the Rubicon lockers, 4.56 gears, and double cardan driveshafts with 1350 u-joints. I'll take mine with about 3 inches of lift and 35 inch BFGoodrich AT's. That should be ready for ANY terrain or environment you could throw at it and still be a good daily driver.

Sounds good I'll take one stock (with 35"s that is)
NEWtoTHEjeepLIF is offline  
post #23 of 23 Old 06-08-2006, 07:33 AM
tjchad
Registered User
 
tjchad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Sunny (not this year...) San Diego!
Posts: 658
I thought AC in a Jeep was lame when I bought my '02. Then I drove to Phoenix last June. I LOVE AC! I thought I was in HELL! I couldn't get the top up fast enough.

Chad- KI6BIG
'02 SportD442"BB
Pics: http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v234/tjchad/
tjchad is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.



Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome