Squeaky Front Brakes - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Squeaky Front Brakes

Dana 30 Truss for your TJ, LJ, ZJ, and XJFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 09-05-2012, 12:44 PM   #1
nextlevel2k1

Squeaky Front Brakes

I'm annoyed with my squeaky brakes. I changed my brake pads all around. It's nuts, here all this time I thought it was time to change the brakes pads.( I bought my Wrangler used.) When I did the pads were still meaty, hardly any wear to them. Long story short I replaced them anyways and the squeaking stopped. Well it's been 2 weeks since I replaced them and now they are squeaking again. I know its coming from the front passenger side. Anyone know what it could be?

nextlevel2k1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-05-2012, 01:48 PM   #2
mello

Does it make noise all the time or just first thing in morning. Also weather effects lots of brake pads, high humidity or moisture equals squeak.
mello is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-05-2012, 01:49 PM   #3
mello

Deleted double message
mello is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-05-2012, 02:25 PM   #4
SirWinston
2007 JK Wrangler 

Could be the rotors, they might be warped, if they are you can have them resurfaced for like $10 a rotor at Napa
Colorado Jeep Club Member #265
SirWinston is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-06-2012, 12:22 PM   #5
starscream
1981 CJ5 

Anytime you have metal on metal contact, you have the possibility of squeaks. Rotors are metal, and most brake pads have metallic particles in them.

Check the rotors for grooves or a lip around the edge that has formed from contact with the pads. Or you can look for a fully synthetic pad, like something that replaces the metallic particles with kevlar or aramid fibers.
starscream is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.