Square led windshield lighting advice - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Square led windshield lighting advice

ECGS Black Friday Sale!!6th Annual, Beat Your Wife to the Credit Card Sale!50 in light bar /A pillar mount less than 500 at JeepHut.c

Unread 10-11-2012, 07:53 AM   #1
deadlover666

Square led windshield lighting advice

Looking for advice on a non expensive square led light for the windshield light mount. Don't want the huge hella lights ( hard to see out of the windshield then) but don't want to spend a ton for a light that may get jacked. Any advice and pics would be great or links too!!

deadlover666 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-11-2012, 04:06 PM   #2
jeepmt
2008 JK Wrangler 

How about these guys? http://www.quadratec.com/products/97021_1100.htm
Unread 10-11-2012, 07:02 PM   #3
mike_baggly
2007 JK Wrangler 

Can't go wrong with Rigid

http://www.northridge4x4.com/shop/ri...air-twoduallys

or they're big brother

http://www.northridge4x4.com/shop/ri...set-of-2-50231
mike_baggly is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-11-2012, 08:14 PM   #4
deadlover666

There ok looking for more blacked out style but we are on the right track. I appreciate the link but not sounding rude what else we got out there I know on this forum there's plenty of other weird named or off kinds out there that are just as good as the big dogs.
Unread 10-11-2012, 08:15 PM   #5
deadlover666

I am diggin the rigid hoes performance on them?
Unread 10-11-2012, 08:17 PM   #6
gwar11d2
2009 JK Wrangler 

I love the look of the Rigid D2's but I don't know what is best for trail/beach/dark country roads for lens choice.... Oh and if you havn't seen the rigid torture test on youtube...they seem to be zombie proof
09 JK Jeep Green Sahara Unlimited / Teraflex 2.5" Spring-Shocks / 35's x 16" Level 8 Trackers/ Aussie Locker Front / 5:13's
My Build Thread:
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f96/w...hread-1231661/
gwar11d2 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-12-2012, 12:51 AM   #7
BoarderMX
2013 JK Wrangler 

I've got a set of the driving light D2's that were in the link from an earlier post on smittybilt windshield mounts. Awesome side lighting with a pretty far throw. Combined with a 20" rigid combo on the front bumper and truk lite headlights, we did about a 100 miles of dirt roads in the eastern sierra mountains at night and there were no visibility issues even at speed.

[IMG][/IMG]
BoarderMX is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-12-2012, 10:30 AM   #8
kosmos

2012 JK Wrangler 

I did a Rigid LED bar - first I put it on the hood - then I moved it
to winch. Plan on adding some window mounts as well later on.

Relocation:
2012 JK Rubicon in Flame Red, ACE Rock Sliders, LoD Stubby Stinger front, LoD Stubby rear,Rock-Krawler 3.5" X factor Pro mid-arm, RCV ultimate front axles, Warn PP HP, 37" KM2s on AEV Savegre wheels, 10 Factory rear axles,MC front Fenders, Reid Knuckles,aFe Cold Air
kosmos is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-12-2012, 12:54 PM   #9
Make mine a Jeep!

2012 JK Wrangler 

Ridgids (top quality) are hardly on the cheap side so since you’re contemplating them you might also want to take a look at what Baja Designs (top quality) has to offer. They are one of the best, if not the best LEDs available.
Unread 10-12-2012, 01:59 PM   #10
spyder6
Got that Toyota chit

I have the rigids and they are top quality, but their beam pattern lacks. If I had it to do all over again I would have gotten Baja Designs. Also made in the USA with top top quality components. Baja designs has a new led series out that is supposed to the brightest, best pattern and smallest led on the market. It looks extremely promising

Sent by Paper Planes

My builds: Bruiser and The Grey

|Forge Overland| or follow us on Facebook
spyder6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-12-2012, 02:04 PM   #11
gwar11d2
2009 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by spyder6 View Post
I have the rigids and they are top quality, but their beam pattern lacks. If I had it to do all over again I would have gotten Baja Designs. Also made in the USA with top top quality components. Baja designs has a new led series out that is supposed to the brightest, best pattern and smallest led on the market. It looks extremely promising

Sent by Paper Planes
Cool. Which beam pattern to you have on the Rigids. The video of the Baja's in action on a JK's fog mount location is pretty sweet. (on their website). But they are about double the cost of Rigid. I'm very Jeep poor.
09 JK Jeep Green Sahara Unlimited / Teraflex 2.5" Spring-Shocks / 35's x 16" Level 8 Trackers/ Aussie Locker Front / 5:13's
My Build Thread:
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f96/w...hread-1231661/
gwar11d2 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-12-2012, 02:06 PM   #12
spyder6
Got that Toyota chit

I have the driving pattern, though someone recently found out that the driving, spot and flood patterns all display the same oddly enough

Pony up an get the bajas

Sent by Paper Planes

My builds: Bruiser and The Grey

|Forge Overland| or follow us on Facebook
spyder6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-12-2012, 02:20 PM   #13
KrawlOff-Road
Vendor

2007 JK Wrangler 

The Rigids are super bright! The nice thing about them is being a LED, they pull less power than anyother light on your JK! You can keep them on forever!

-Jason

Tires-FREE SHIPPING!!
KrawlOff-Road is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-12-2012, 02:50 PM   #14
Make mine a Jeep!

2012 JK Wrangler 

Like mentioned above, they (Baja Designs) just came out with their latest series of LED light bars called the OnX. There are a couple of off road Trophy Trucks that are using them without the aid of HIDs; they are that bright and throw the light far as to not out run it at speed. I was just at the Off Road Expo in Pomona CA last week and bought their OnX 51-inch light bar. Can’t wait until I’m done with my roof rack and try it out.
Unread 10-12-2012, 03:23 PM   #15
1AAdam
2000 WJ 

these might be my next buy!
1AAdam is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.