Spring Help Please - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Spring Help Please

Rampage Bowless Soft Top Oconee offroadAlloy USA Still AvailableAdvance Adapters SYE Kits

Unread 12-04-2013, 10:55 PM   #1
06BlueRam

Spring Help Please

I have a 2013 sport with 14's in front and 55's in the rear. My question is that I have bought a set of springs off 2014 rubicon that are 17/18 front and 59/60 rear. I've seen the different spring rates on front but never on the rear. So the 17 on left side front and 18 right side front. Would you do the rear the same way the heavy one on the right ?

06BlueRam is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-05-2013, 02:27 AM   #2
Make mine a Jeep!

2012 JK Wrangler 

If facing a situation like yours then I would install the stiffer springs on the right side. Both of my JKs seemed to lean to the right. Not sure why or how many others have the same problem but I sure did.
1222 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-05-2013, 09:31 AM   #3
JIMBOX
Web Wheeler
2008 JK Wrangler 

Heh Heh, yup mine too-

I think that Chrysler engineers (??) designed the spring rate/placement based on gas tank on passenger side, SUMO wrestler drivers--

Maybe not !

JIMBO
JIMBOX is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-05-2013, 01:43 PM   #4
JoonHoss
2011 JK Wrangler 

Actually, It was done as an homage to the CJ, in an attempt to recreate the infamous "CJ lean..."

Word on the street is that they will be offered as part of a 'CJ Retro-Lean' package available in late 2014, to include the lean, hood decals, and a handy tote bag and cap. Package MSRP is rumored to be in the $5,900 range

Hoss

Don't mind me, I'm just another FNG around here...
JoonHoss is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-06-2013, 06:22 AM   #5
bhoch
2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoonHoss View Post
Actually, It was done as an homage to the CJ, in an attempt to recreate the infamous "CJ lean..."

Word on the street is that they will be offered as part of a 'CJ Retro-Lean' package available in late 2014, to include the lean, hood decals, and a handy tote bag and cap. Package MSRP is rumored to be in the $5,900 range

Hoss

Mine does not lean. At least I don't see one. Neither when it was stock with 14/56 or after I had put on the 18/59 spriings. Now, it has a RK 2.5" flex system on and does not lean now either...
bhoch is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-07-2013, 12:28 AM   #6
Make mine a Jeep!

2012 JK Wrangler 

^^^ Are you standing up straight?
1222 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-07-2013, 06:31 AM   #7
bhoch
2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1222
^^^ Are you standing up straight?
Ha. Maybe not.

Bill
bhoch is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-07-2013, 07:24 PM   #8
suicideking
2006 LJ Wrangler 

I would ditch those springs and get a set that matches. I would think you would get uneven tire wear with those mis-matched springs.
suicideking is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-07-2013, 08:38 PM   #9
06BlueRam

They only have 14 miles on them. Went straight from dealer to Chux Trucks for lift kit. I only pd $100 for them kind of hate to start over looking again. That was the way it can from the factor. I called the dealer where I bought my Jeep and talked with them before I bought them, they said some of 2014 have different spring rates. Springs are above the tires shouldnt have a wear problem, I can see how the body could lean thought.
06BlueRam is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-07-2013, 09:06 PM   #10
ncb

Most of the JKs I've worked on for example had a 17/18 front set combo (higher number on passenger side) but I've never seen rear springs that weren't matched. For a little more money you can purchase a brand new set of 19s and 60s springs.

Maybe Jeep caught on to the JK gangsta lean and starting putting a higher rate spring on the right side front and rear.
ncb is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.