Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

Spring Donation Anyone?

3K views 39 replies 26 participants last post by  Bamoman 
#1 ·
We nice fellows over on the TJ forum were wondering if anyone would like to donate a set of stock JK Wrangler springs for a little experiment and the greater good of the Jeep Community, or give any advice if you've heard anything on the subject...

As you already know (because of your superior tire clearance and options), stock JK springs are a couple of inches longer than the TJ's and as far as we know, no one has tried to put them under a TJ yet. I've debated it lightly and determined that since they're on basically the same axles, it wouldn't be too hard to convert. There are many things that would probably factor in, including the weight differences which would make the TJ sit even higher.

But we can't truely know what would happen until someone actually tries it..... sooo....

I'm volunteering my stock 04 Wrangler X for one of the first conversions(hopefully) and if anyone would like to have their old springs under the rig then I would gratley appreciate the offer. I would totally put your name on the rig as a sponsor if you would like :thumbsup:

I'm completely serious and would love the challenge,
Anyways... we're pretty excited about it so reply soon!

Thanks,
-The TJ Guys

See less See more
#9 ·
jeepers3 said:
Uh, wouldn't giving you the springs off my new $32,000 vehicle thereby make my said vehicle rather worthless? Why would anyone do this?
Sweet... New Sig.

#10 ·
jeepers3 said:
Uh, wouldn't giving you the springs off my new $32,000 vehicle thereby make my said vehicle rather worthless? Why would anyone do this?
wow dude. heres your sign

#11 ·
Ok .. so back on topic.. ignoring that little snafu.... any of you JK guys think this might work?

#17 ·
oh c'mon, leave the guy alone....everybody has to start their learning process from somewhere...

#21 ·
Laxstar46 said:
wow dude. heres your sign
:rofl: :rofl: :2thumbsup:

#22 ·
Mattholomew said:
:rofl: I would hate to flame this guy, but I would hate not too. :rofl:

http://www.justgotowned.com

Hahhaha
HAHAHA! You owe me $10 for some new underwear. That video was friggin priceless! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

#25 ·
wonder if he'll ever post on this forum again. He probably went and made a new name after this incident

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.