Spray in bed liner - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Spray in bed liner

NEW JK WRANGLER GRAB BARS NOW at ROCKRIDGE4WDRear Disc Brake Conversion Kit- TJ,YJ,XJSWAG 50 Cal Ammo Can Mount With M2A1 Can

Unread 02-06-2010, 04:40 PM   #1
Heywoz

Spray in bed liner

2 Spray in bed liner questions. I have gone through almost all of the other threads on this and haven't found the answer.

1) I have an '09 JK. When you have done this, have you removed the center console bracket with all the sensors and e-brake to get under it, or just sprayed around it?

2) Has anyone tried the dynamat spray? I will more than likely put the carpet back in during the summer (any insulation from the 120f air temperature is welcome!) so I'm not super worried about the durability, but it is still a concern.
Thanks in advance.

Heywoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-06-2010, 06:18 PM   #2
JeffsJeepWeb

Now, I've got a TJ, not a JK, so my advice isn't model specific, but I did a bunch of research before herculining my rig and here's what I have to offer.

As for masking, etc. You get what you put into it. If you don't mind glancing down and possibly seeing floor that's not covered, then masking everything should be fine. I spent a little extra time removing everything (console, brackets, etc.) and putting a small piece of tape over every hole I didn't want to fill **as well as** sticking something to that tape so that I could later go back and find every piece of tape to remove. I don't regret any of the time and effort I put into lining my Jeep since everything is covered. If the brackets are going to be covered by the console, then masking the brackets under and making sure you spray all the way up to it should be good.

Your post about 120f temperature and location in your profile indicate your rig is going to see some very hot temperatures. I'd make sure you get something that will not melt or get gooey. I made that mistake on my old CJ.. as the outside temperature rose, and the floor would get hot from the proximity to the exhaust, the floor would get a little gooey and I don't live in places where we get 120 degree weather. I would think it would be better to get something durable. I bet you'll be happier in the long run.
Unread 02-06-2010, 06:43 PM   #3
McKBrew
JK Wrangler 

Check out this thread. It's not a JK, but it's a useful write-up.

http://articles.jeepforum.com/U-Pol_...uff_rocks!%29/
McKBrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-06-2010, 10:02 PM   #4
tkob1060
2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heywoz View Post
2 Spray in bed liner questions. I have gone through almost all of the other threads on this and haven't found the answer.

1) I have an '09 JK. When you have done this, have you removed the center console bracket with all the sensors and e-brake to get under it, or just sprayed around it?
I have linex in my JK and you'd be crazy to remove that bracket and all the wiring/sensors. There really is zero need to go that far, its never going to get scratched or worn under there and you cant see it when the console is on. what would be the point?

FYI the center console comes out in 2 pieces and with 4 torx screws on the sides, 2 front and rear. I have write up on JKO if you want link to it let me know, the rear seats in 4dr can be a ***** too if you dont take out the front bolts first and fold bottom of seat up to get to rest of bolts.
tkob1060 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-07-2010, 06:15 PM   #5
MacK
2010 JK Wrangler 

I used Herculiner. It's holding up over a year later but I think it sucks, I had to patch it already.
I don't want your d**n lemons! What the hell are these?! Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! WITH THE LEMONS! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that BURNS YOUR HOUSE DOWN!

Mango Tango 2010 JK Wrangler Rubicon
Silver 2000 TJ Wrangler Sport
---
Quote:
The 2008 Jeep Wrangler is not so much an SUV as it is an experience. It's slow and loud, handles poorly, has crummy interior materials and features doors that provide virtually no crash protection. But when it comes to off-road performance, the Wrangler is simply the best choice available.
MacK is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-07-2010, 10:13 PM   #6
Heywoz

I currently have the center console removed and will be installing the tuffy center console. It looks like it's possible to remove everything, but my lack of experience is showing through that.
Heywoz is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.