spent the weekend in Rescue Green Sahara Unlimited - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > spent the weekend in Rescue Green Sahara Unlimited

SPARTAN LOCKERS are on sale BIG TIME at ROCKRIDGE 4WD!ZONE 4.25" combo lift for TJ available at Rockridge4wNEW JK WRANGLER GRAB BARS NOW at ROCKRIDGE4WD

Unread 09-17-2006, 06:16 AM   #16
JLH
2015 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ky_soldier
She added in $465 in advertising charges. Is that some crap, or MUST the dealers put it in on a FFP?
This is one thing I refuse to pay. If the dealer will not come off of it, I walk out. Think about it. We do not ask them to advertise the vehicle. In addition, since when is it the consumer's responsibility to pay for the dealer's cost of doing business? I don't ask the dealer to put gas in my vehicles; that's my cost of ownership.

JLH is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-17-2006, 11:00 PM   #17
MrAaron

Quote:
little help?
In the garage: 06 BMW M5 (for sale), 04 Porsche Cayenne Turbo, 99 Porsche Boxster, 99 Porsche 911 C4 Cab...

Good lord, what do you do for a living...?
MrAaron is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-18-2006, 07:25 AM   #18
ky_soldier

When I am not deployed as an Army Reseve Officer....I work for the best selling computer company full time :-)

Gone but not forgotten: 77 CJ7, 97 Wrangler Sahara
ky_soldier is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-18-2006, 09:04 AM   #19
keithert
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by VS Bullet
There's 2 large screws with a handle that goes through the sound bar into the sunroofs, then about 4 latches and the windshield latch. The best thing is that you can remove the rear/main roof, and leave the front pieces on, like a hard bikini top.
Sounds like a pain to remove! Not the like easy turn 1 lever tops in my Camaros.
keithert is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-18-2006, 09:11 AM   #20
paroxysym
2007 WK 

wowo that is alot of plastic... eh maybe it will grow on me. love the color though, and the body matched fenders make it more appealing. i saw a 'x' model 4 door with the huge black fenders and it looked rediculous... good luck
Unread 09-18-2006, 12:23 PM   #21
ky_soldier

taking the top pieces off is a piece of cake, 2 mins tops.

Unread 09-18-2006, 01:10 PM   #22
LEDFoot
1999 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RKBA
I suspect that the new black flares are going to look uber crappy when they fade, so those Sahara body colored ones are the ticket.

The green is, ahhh, well, interesting.

mild lift, better wheels/tires and do something about that front bumper and I think we have a winner.
Plastic does fade. However it holds up much better to abuse by rocks and trees than does painted surfaces. At least on jeeps it's "functional" plastic, not like the honda elements or avalance trucks.
I'm sure that in a few years when it's faded too much (or othewise become damaged) you can buy replacements from jeep and aftermarket manufacturers. You could also paint them with something like truck bed liner or bumper paint. You may have to touch it up every once in a while but it may be worth it to have it looking good.
With painted fenders, if you damage them not only will you have to pay to replace them, you also have to pay to colormatch and paint them.
LEDFoot is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-18-2006, 01:48 PM   #23
Karamba

Quote:
taking the top pieces off is a piece of cake, 2 mins tops.
Do they fit flat behind the rear seats?
Karamba is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-18-2006, 02:54 PM   #24
ky_soldier

Yes, it does.

Unread 09-18-2006, 05:55 PM   #25
Stevebo

I dont know what to think of rescue green, some pics it looks great others awful. Its wierd it always looks different.
Stevebo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-18-2006, 06:17 PM   #26
Conundrum

Shaped like a Hummer.
Conundrum is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-21-2006, 08:27 PM   #27
citRon
1996 XJ Cherokee 

that Rescue Green sure looks a lot like the '96, '97 Citron green to me!
citRon is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-17-2006, 03:28 PM   #28
DJFriar

What color interior/top do you have? Maybe its just me, but that looks like a Black Hardtop, but the Khaki interior. Is that what you got? And did it come that way, or did you have to spec it that way or ?

I've had a heck of time finding pics of the Khaki interior.
DJFriar is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-20-2006, 04:33 PM   #29
johntm

I just got mine Saturday night!

Rescue green, grey/black interior, Sahara. The only thing I didn't like was the 18" wheels, so they swapped them for a set of 17" that was on an X they had. I was in Texas when the dealer called to let me know they had one in, so I stopped by on the way home from the airport and picked it up an hour after closing! The saleslady just left the key under the mat for me and I went in and did the paperwork today. WooHoo!!!!!

BTW: One post noob here!
johntm is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.