Speed Sensor Reprogramer - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Speed Sensor Reprogramer

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineToxic Brakes - 3000 PSI Braided Stainless Steel Brake LineCess Recovery Gear Snatch Tow Strap OffRoad @ ROCKRIDGE4WD

Unread 02-21-2007, 04:02 PM   #1
mytjjeep

Speed Sensor Reprogramer

Has anyone come out with an inline programmer/converter to use on the JK yet? I know superlift and some others had them for the TJ and other vehicle but I can't find anything definite on a JK yet. I'm holding off on the lift and 35's till I can get the computer squared away also. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

mytjjeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-21-2007, 06:26 PM   #2
Joec

Personal opinion (which means I have no basis in fact) is it is already calibrated for 35's (or something larger that the 32's it came with). I have the Rubicon, and my speedometer reads FAST (about 2-3 mph courtesy of uncle Sam and my Garmin GPS MAP76). When the speedometer reads 68 (calibrated eyeball) I am actually going 65. A larger tire would bring the speedometer reading closer to actual speed. YMMV
2007 JK Unlimited Rubicon - Greystone, Auto, Power, Tow, Leather seats, Pneumatic Lumbar support, Seat Heat, GENTEX autodim mirror w/ map lights - temp - compass, AEM CAI, COOL TECH antenna mount, THULE Rack, CIBIE, Fuel Door, Grab Handles, Tuffy Trunk/Console/Overhead, Grill mod, Olympic Reversa bars,COOL TECH Magnaflow exhaust, Parking sensors,HESCO Supercharger
1972 C104 Commando - Stock
Joec is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-21-2007, 07:07 PM   #3
igofshn
Locked @ both ends

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joec
Personal opinion (which means I have no basis in fact) is it is already calibrated for 35's (or something larger that the 32's it came with). I have the Rubicon, and my speedometer reads FAST (about 2-3 mph courtesy of uncle Sam and my Garmin GPS MAP76). When the speedometer reads 68 (calibrated eyeball) I am actually going 65. A larger tire would bring the speedometer reading closer to actual speed. YMMV
Not even close. I just went to 35's and I am ready 65 but doing 70.

[Jeep Pics
igofshn is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-21-2007, 08:30 PM   #4
STANSUSKI

My speedo is dead nuts on,GPS verified w/stock 225/16 tires
2007 Unlimited X base model black,6spd.4.10,front and rear mats.Added deep tint softop windows,30%tint front and15%rear doors.Mopar hitch and 4-way wiring harness.Optional 17" wheels/tires.COMING SOON 2009 RUBICON UNLIMITED PURCHASED 04/17/2009
STANSUSKI is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-28-2007, 01:13 PM   #5
LakeTravisJK
2007 JK Wrangler 

My basic 2-dr X C-pkg speedo w/ 225's was right on. Now that I have 265/75/16's on(31.65"), speedo says 60 and gps says 65. From what I've read, dealer should be able to reprogram me up to 32". Not aware of after-market programmer yet.
LakeTravisJK is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-28-2007, 01:20 PM   #6
luckyjeeper

I think that's right, I think they are set up for the 225 stockers. Mine was about 2-3mph off at 70mph (67-68 on speedo) with the upgraded 245/75R16s. Now with the 285/75R16s, I'm 7mph off at 70mph (63 on speedo, confirmed with radar gun cart on road side). I have my first service appt. in march, i'm having them recalib. that should also fix my trip computer and mpg estimates. Dealer said they could do the recalib. (when I had mentioned I had 33s, they said no, but when I said they were 285/75R16s, they said no prob. go figure!)
[COLOR="DarkRed"][SIZE="2"][B]Virescit Vulnere Virtus[/B][/SIZE][/COLOR]
luckyjeeper is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.