Speaker Upgrades - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Speaker Upgrades

Smittybilt Hard Tops @ Oconee Off-Road! 706-534-9955XHD Heavy-Duty Hood Latches for JK and TJ available at OcoFS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options!

Unread 07-29-2010, 10:45 PM   #16
TheShift
2010 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerGut View Post
These guys don't know what they are talking about. The factory speakers that come with your Jeep sound terrible unless it came with the Infinity system.

That's what i thought.. i got the non infinity system... it blew chunks...

i added a jvc head and the 200 watts made the factory speakers breathe heavy.. i mean i also added 2 12'' Memphis subs and a 600w per channel amp...with the 200w head unit powering only the stock speakers...

to my surprise they hold their own... the sound is well balanced out

TheShift is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-29-2010, 10:55 PM   #17
Wranglin4Life
1993 YJ Wrangler 

I must have the infinity sound system then because mine def does not blow. LOL. Its loud, I am just a car audio and always have loved listening to music loud enough to make people cringe. LOL
Wranglin4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-29-2010, 10:56 PM   #18
Warlord2
2007 JK Wrangler 

I went out to checked and have 6 1/2" speakers installed. I remember I did make my own adapters, maybe they recommend 5 1/2" if you get them with store bought adapters. The holes in the sound bar and the ones near the door can easily fit 6 1/2" speakers though. I got components up front and used the stock location for the tweaters, just had to grind the plastic out a tad and they snapped right in.
07 JK 2D X model with 6 speeds. Full Traction 3" ultimate lift kit. 315x75x16 Toyo Open Country M/T on Rock crawler procomp rim. Ruby dana44's front sleeved inside/outside C truss and rear with 5.13's gears. Homemade rock guards, rear bumper w/tire carrier, oilpan/tranny skid, evap canister skid, light bar, switch pod. Riddler diff covers, Cobra 75 w/wilson antenna, Polk speakers, 10" sub, 2x Amps, Lightforce 240 drive light, backup lights, rock lights.
Warlord2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-14-2010, 11:31 AM   #19
xj37
2014 JK Wrangler 

I have the low end stereo and its ok but was thinking about replacing my stock speakers also. Is it worth replacing the stock speakers with some 2 way or 3 way 6.5" speakers for about $50 a pair?
xj37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-14-2010, 12:50 PM   #20
fernjack
2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warlord2 View Post
the factory amp only powers the sub if you got that with your package. I believe the amp is built into the sub.
While putting in my footwell lights I noticed an amp under the steering column . Didn't see any rating plate that I noticed though ......
07' Rubi Unlimited 6spd. , Rescue green #64 CDN , 35x12.5 mudders
Rick .
fernjack is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
JK Wrangler , sound system , speaker , speaker replacements , speaker size , stereo , upgrade , wrangler

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.