Spark Plugs - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Spark Plugs

Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge BushingsCurrie Antirock, Currectlync & Lift Kits on Sale!

Unread 10-13-2013, 09:54 AM   #1
2jk1cjtj
2008 JK Wrangler 

Spark Plugs

I got almost 70,000 on the clock witch is the best spark plugs to use and should I replace the wires too.

2jk1cjtj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-13-2013, 12:37 PM   #2
RockyClymer
RedRock4Wheeler

2008 JK Wrangler 

Stock plugs work fine and I would replace the wires if it were me.
"It takes a special kind of stupid to believe criminals will follow gun laws."
I do not consider myself a smartass. I point out the obvious, search for the truth, and speak fluent sarcasm. I am, by experience, an accomplished curmudgeon.
RockyClymer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-16-2013, 10:55 AM   #3
blackjeep05
2008 JK Wrangler 

I replaced my plugs with the Autolite Irdiums don't know the part number off hand but, Jeep seems to run great. As long as you run at least double platinums you will be fine. I went with the Duralast plug wires with the lifetime warranty and so far so good with those. The plug wires can be a bugger to route behind the engine but, other than that its a easy job. I would also change your PCV Valve its only 10 bucks from the dealer and its just good piece of mind. Mine had 80k when I replaced everything and the valve had a little bit of oil seeping by. Engine runs smooth as silk now. One thing if you decide to change the valve you will need a socket to fit over the new one to lightly tap it in so it seals in the valve cover. Otherwise you will get oil seeping all over it. Taking the old one out if you don't want to damage it put a zip tie around the top and pull it up with pliers.
Unread 10-16-2013, 05:56 PM   #4
Waltjason
2011 JK Wrangler 

Good old stock Champion plugs is what I used. The jeep ran fine with them new so decided why try something different. My two cents worth.
Waltjason is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-17-2013, 03:25 PM   #5
ROCKR8R
2008 JK Wrangler 

I heard the 3.8L doesn't like fancy shmancy triple platinum, double iridium, quadruple unobtainium. Stock plugs work fine..

-Dan
ROCKR8R is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-17-2013, 03:27 PM   #6
inspmark
2011 JK Wrangler 

Yup, stock Champion for me also. Changed mine with 100k, and the still were at about .055".
inspmark is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-17-2013, 07:52 PM   #7
Neo1130
2009 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROCKR8R View Post
I heard the 3.8L doesn't like fancy shmancy triple platinum, double iridium, quadruple unobtainium. Stock plugs work fine..

-Dan
You will hear this for every engine on every sort of vehicle possible... I did go with the regular platinum NGK's though gaped at .045" with no issues so far. Runs great!
Neo1130 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.