Spare Tire size - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Spare Tire size

TJ 5.25" Speaker Adapters - NalinMFGSmittybilt Products at Oconee Off-Road!Alloy USA Still Available

Unread 08-17-2014, 03:50 PM   #1
SVM
2008 JK Wrangler 

Spare Tire size

If I go with larger tires dose the spare need to match for the BLD & Stability Control to function Correctly? How big of a tire difference wold it take for the BLD to start applying brake to the larger tire?

SVM is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-17-2014, 05:16 PM   #2
JIMBOX
Web Wheeler
2008 JK Wrangler 

The ESP/BDS/BLD aren't the problem--

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVM View Post
If I go with larger tires dose the spare need to match for the BLD & Stability Control to function Correctly? How big of a tire difference wold it take for the BLD to start applying brake to the larger tire?
It's the differential/spiders gears on the same axle, shouldn't be "confused" with different size tires, they've been known to go "BOOM"-from the different RPMs introduced-

Spare should be exact same size in diameter--width can give a little, but diameter should be the same-

Strictly for safety purposes the spare should be included in the tire rotations and OF THE SAME MFG-

No you shouldn't JUST GET 4 NOW and plan on updating "LATER", I won't give any acceptable size differences--to chancey-

Good luck

JIMBO
JIMBOX is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-17-2014, 05:32 PM   #3
SVM
2008 JK Wrangler 

Thank you.
SVM is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-18-2014, 07:07 AM   #4
BlackJeep2013
2013 JK Wrangler 

Ya not a good idea. I did this type of thing when I was young in high school and it was ugly. Both front tires smaller then rears ooopppsss
BlackJeep2013 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.