Soundbar speaker replacement question - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Soundbar speaker replacement question

Labor day sale @ rockridge 4wd! 8/29-9/1 site wide..promo FS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! RIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all

Unread 09-18-2013, 08:57 AM   #1
hastingr
2013 JK Wrangler 

Soundbar speaker replacement question

Hey folks.
I am replacing the rear speakers in a 2013 JKU.

I bought some infinities that I really like. They are a fit.

Now, the screw pattern is all wrong, since the speaker design for the soundbar is three tabs, and that is a really odd setting. There are adapters for that, but I am thinking that I can just screw the speakers into the plastic trim. But I am wondering if I should use some sheet metal u-clips to hold the speakers in place?

Or, should I suck up the $12 and get the speaker adapter from amazon?

What do you say?

hastingr is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-18-2013, 09:55 AM   #2
RogueStatus
2013 JK Wrangler 

I'd buy a speaker adapter or make something.. you want a good seal. Screwing into the plastic is never a good idea IMO. I'd make it so you can mount the adapter/spacer to the factory mounts and then mount the infinity speakers to the spacer.
Unread 09-18-2013, 07:53 PM   #3
Nsiavosh90
2007 JK Wrangler 

Agreed, I wouldn't go into the plastic but a speed clip on the backside and a pilot hole through the plastic maybe
Nsiavosh90 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.