Soft Top Window Care & Maintenance - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Soft Top Window Care & Maintenance

Rockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits Rough Country Jeep Suspension Deals at Rockridge 4WD!Looking to re-gear?! CRAZY DEALS ON YUKON GEARS right here

Unread 03-08-2007, 05:53 AM   #1
ksjeep226

Soft Top Window Care & Maintenance

I have read the manual, but I would like some input from here...

What do you use to keep the zippers working properly?

Does anyone use a plastic treatment on the windows?

Where do you put the side windows when you remove them?

I realize I can put them on a shelf... but I wonder where in the Jeep to store them. Is there some kind of storage device that might hang on the back of the rear seats?

Thanks.

ksjeep226 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-08-2007, 07:21 AM   #2
FLSeaMonkey

Mopar sells a soft top window storage bag. Not sure how it works though. I think I have heard of one that allows them to be rolled up as well? I have yet to use my soft top, but I have used plastic window polish on my Rover windows. Does a pretty good job. Cannot remember the brand, but picked it up at an auto parts store.
FLSeaMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-08-2007, 07:32 AM   #3
strykermp5

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLSeaMonkey
Mopar sells a soft top window storage bag. Not sure how it works though. I think I have heard of one that allows them to be rolled up as well? I have yet to use my soft top, but I have used plastic window polish on my Rover windows. Does a pretty good job. Cannot remember the brand, but picked it up at an auto parts store.

your back window rolls up... and you should have gotten two straps that have the female end of a button... the male end of the button is on the soft top frame

Optional Equipment:
M4 (x2)
Sig 226
strykermp5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-08-2007, 08:01 AM   #4
Rocky529
Jeep

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksjeep226
I have read the manual, but I would like some input from here...

What do you use to keep the zippers working properly?

Does anyone use a plastic treatment on the windows?

Where do you put the side windows when you remove them?

I realize I can put them on a shelf... but I wonder where in the Jeep to store them. Is there some kind of storage device that might hang on the back of the rear seats?

Thanks.
Never use paper towels on your window, always use terry cloth or microfiber (preferred). Never wipe them when they are dirty, and when they are wet, never buff them dry. I use the Novus Polish System (3 steps) to clean my windows, and you can rub an old candle on your zippers to keep them running smooth. Mopar does offer a zipper lube also.

When you take your top down, remove the windows completely and lay them flat somewhere safe. If you roll them or place them somewhere else, they will scratch.. and they will scratch easy.

Silver Metallic finish with black dual tops - Dana 44 Rear
2.25" Suspension Lift with Old Man Emu Shocks
Performance Accessories 1" Body Lift
Daystar 1" Motor Mount Lift
Spidertrax 1.25" Wheel Spacers - 32"x11.5" MT/R Tires
Rocky529 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-08-2007, 08:58 AM   #5
FLSeaMonkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by strykermp5
your back window rolls up... and you should have gotten two straps that have the female end of a button... the male end of the button is on the soft top frame

Oh good. So, if you choose to use the sunrider half top option, you can just roll the back window up with out removing it and leave the side windows? I am kind of bummed that you have to open the rear window over 40mph, but this makes it a bit easier sounding...
FLSeaMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-08-2007, 09:25 AM   #6
strykermp5

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLSeaMonkey
Oh good. So, if you choose to use the sunrider half top option, you can just roll the back window up with out removing it and leave the side windows? I am kind of bummed that you have to open the rear window over 40mph, but this makes it a bit easier sounding...

actually you do not HAVE to open the back window, it is just advised. i have run 65 with no issues... if it is a really windy day, you may want to just in case. usually, i just unzip the back window and let it lay forward (still attached)... rolling it up is a PITA
right now, the top is dropped and the doors are off!!

Optional Equipment:
M4 (x2)
Sig 226
strykermp5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-08-2007, 09:45 AM   #7
ovrlnd

I have used paste wax on my plastic for 19 years to keep the windows looking nice. if you want to carry the windows in the vehicle get some large towels to protect the plastic, sandwich the window between two towels and just roll them up scure them with a velcro band and be on your way. sooner or later you will get a scratch in them no matter how careful you are if your jeep sees real use.

88 YJ, 350/350 Chevy, Twin Stick Dana 300 with JB 32 spline rear output, 6.5" lift, Front Scout II Dana 44 w/Yukon 4340 shafts, trac loc, 4.27's, Warn Premium Hubs, flipped YJ Tie Rod, Ford F150 front calipers, Rear Scout II Dana 44 w/Alloy 4340 shafts, HD RPT retainer plates, 4.27's True trac, Steeltech Disc brakes, Cage upgrade, B&M Prostick Shifter, Custom Fabbed tire, gas, jack carrier, 3/8 angle rear bumper, clevis's all around, old & reliable rep8000 winch. Flood lights. loud stereo. 35x12.50 swampers and a bunch of other stuff
ovrlnd is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-08-2007, 09:49 AM   #8
wolf3902

Pledge furniture polish works well to clean up scratches windows.

ONE NATION, UNDER G O D
Support It, or Leave It!
wolf3902 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.