Originally Posted by deitzberg
I have a 2013 sport unlimited. From what I have gathered is that a Soft top and tonneau cover do not go together. I am looking get something to keep everything in my cargo area from blowing out when I drive across PA with the top all the way down. I don't see why they don't sell a boot with a tonneau cover also.
Funny this post came up, cause I was wondering the same thing. So this is what I came up with. I have a rampage soft top boot and a smittybilt tonneau cover, I got them to play well together. You'll have to modify the tonneau cover a bit, I cut off the pull tabs at the rear side plastic flaps. I also sewed two inch wide Velcro across the rear tonneau cover "the part that would attach to the tailgate bar. I then sewed the other Velcro to the rear bottom of the soft top boot.
This is how I install my combo:
1) stuff the top in the boot
2) next lay the tonneau flat over the rear cargo area
3) attach the side plastic flaps on both sides of the jeep
4) wrap the tonneau cover roll bar arms around the roll bars "with the soft top boot on just lift the top up a bit in order to attach tonneau to the roll bar"
5) at this point the rear corner plastic flaps of the tonneau cover are not attached.
6) attach the soft top boot plastic flaps, all around "the boot flaps will go over the rear most tonneau flaps"
7) pull the rear tailgate flap from the tonneau cover and attach the Velcro to the underside of the boot "pull tight"
A few notes this mod works best when the tonneau cover and boot is warm. I also remove the tailgate bar so the boot lays into the tonneau cover.