Soft top & tonneau cover - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Soft top & tonneau cover

Rockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits Engo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shippROCKRIDGE4WD Introduces a NEW Jeep Wrangler JK *led* tail

Unread 10-12-2013, 03:42 PM   #16
augichef

Quote:
Originally Posted by deitzberg
I have a 2013 sport unlimited. From what I have gathered is that a Soft top and tonneau cover do not go together. I am looking get something to keep everything in my cargo area from blowing out when I drive across PA with the top all the way down. I don't see why they don't sell a boot with a tonneau cover also.
Funny this post came up, cause I was wondering the same thing. So this is what I came up with. I have a rampage soft top boot and a smittybilt tonneau cover, I got them to play well together. You'll have to modify the tonneau cover a bit, I cut off the pull tabs at the rear side plastic flaps. I also sewed two inch wide Velcro across the rear tonneau cover "the part that would attach to the tailgate bar. I then sewed the other Velcro to the rear bottom of the soft top boot.

This is how I install my combo:
1) stuff the top in the boot
2) next lay the tonneau flat over the rear cargo area
3) attach the side plastic flaps on both sides of the jeep
4) wrap the tonneau cover roll bar arms around the roll bars "with the soft top boot on just lift the top up a bit in order to attach tonneau to the roll bar"
5) at this point the rear corner plastic flaps of the tonneau cover are not attached.
6) attach the soft top boot plastic flaps, all around "the boot flaps will go over the rear most tonneau flaps"
7) pull the rear tailgate flap from the tonneau cover and attach the Velcro to the underside of the boot "pull tight"

A few notes this mod works best when the tonneau cover and boot is warm. I also remove the tailgate bar so the boot lays into the tonneau cover.
Good luck
Augi.

augichef is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-12-2013, 07:45 PM   #17
deitzberg
1998 XJ Cherokee 

That is what I am looking for. Do you have any pics?
deitzberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-12-2013, 07:50 PM   #18
augichef

No sorry.. It's dumpin buckets on the Oregon coast.. Which is fine with me since it's hunting season.. Haha
Augi

If I get a break in the weather I'll try to pop some pics for ya!!
Unread 10-12-2013, 08:56 PM   #19
donny90yj
2007 JK Wrangler 

You can fit 2 tops at once. I've done it with my soft top and cargo net, and currently have my full soft top/windjammer/tonneau on.
image-698140992.jpg

donny90yj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-15-2013, 11:25 PM   #20
augichef

Here are some quick pics.. image-754918004.jpg image-4238589955.jpg image-2782272450.jpg Good luck Augi
Unread 10-19-2013, 06:39 PM   #21
deitzberg
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Thanks for the pictures. I am going to have to pick them up this winter. I am surprised they don't sell something like this all in one piece.
deitzberg is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.