Soft top storage - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Soft top storage

TeraFlex Now at Rockridge 4WD! BEST DEALS around!Alloy usa heavy duty ball joint kitsENGO QUADLUX 6" to 54" LED AMBER AND WHITE MULTI

Unread 10-10-2010, 10:56 AM   #1
oaklane
2007 JK Wrangler 

Soft top storage

We're getting ready today to take off the softtop and put the hard top back on. Does anyone have suggestions/pictures of how they are storing their soft tops for the winter?

Thank you,

Unread 10-10-2010, 11:25 AM   #2
ThunderFoot

2007 JK Wrangler 

I'm working on an adapter to utilize my hard top hoist. Essentially it will be a platform that the soft top can be strapped to and then connected to the hoist frame.
Freedom Top (Black) Soft Top (Black) 285/75R17 TOYO Open Country AT Pro-Comp 3036 17x9 Alloy Wheels TUFFY Security Drawer Delta Quad-Bar Xenon Headlights JK 6-Switch sPOD Source SuperChips Flashpaq Tune
Diode Dynamics LED License Plate Cobra 75 WX ST 4' Wilson Antenna AIRAID SynthaMax Cool Air Dam Intake System Hella FF 500 Driving Lights Hella Black Magic Driving Lights Smittybilt G.E.A.R. Tailgate Cover
9" Billet Antenna RR XHD Bumpers Fore & Aft with Storage Ends and Spare Tyre Carrier XRC8 Winch 2.5" Pro-Comp Suspension Bilstein Shocks RECON LED Smoked Turn Signals & Fender Lens

Colorado Jeep Club Member #1958
NRA Patron Life Member
ThunderFoot is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-10-2010, 11:53 AM   #3
Murdoc13
2010 JK Wrangler 

I rolled it up in the bag it came in hung it on some large L brackets in my garage. The windows are hanging from clamps that I screwed to the walls in the garage so that they hang straight and aren't rolled up.
Unread 10-10-2010, 01:03 PM   #4
Corndawg
2009 JK Wrangler 

I use these for the windows: CAMP-099 - Plastic Heavy Duty 3.25" Tarp Clamps Package of 12 Adjust to Various Material Thickness

Like Murdoc13 said, you can hang them up on the wall flat. And in my case, keeps the darn cats from getting near them. Which is a whole other story I'd rather not get into right now.
Corndawg is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-28-2013, 09:56 AM   #5
Hedgie
2013 JK Wrangler 

I understand it is best to store them flat for long term winter storage. However, what do you guys use to store them when you take the top down in summer? I was looking at a clover window roll - also do you roll the back window up or do you remove it? Want to be able to take thet top down but be able to put it up if the weather turns bad.
Hedgie is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-28-2013, 10:09 AM   #6
Godholio
2012 JK Wrangler 

Last year I removed it, but I was thinking about trying to roll it up and leave it attached if the damn weather clears up long enough to try. I remove/roll the side windows.
Utah Jeep Crew #148
No powerball here? How am I supposed to finance the mods?!?
'12 Sport...miss my YJ for all the wrong reasons though
Godholio is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-28-2013, 05:15 PM   #7
waterboarder
2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by oaklane View Post
We're getting ready today to take off the softtop and put the hard top back on. Does anyone have suggestions/pictures of how they are storing their soft tops for the winter?
I stick it in the storage shed in the back yard. Nothing real complicated, other than making sure it is someplace where mice and other creatures are not going to eat it.
waterboarder is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.