Soft top slashed last night.... - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Soft top slashed last night....

Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge BushingsDisc Brake Kits from ECGS

Unread 10-29-2013, 03:36 PM   #16
irishluck
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psycho-X-Jeep View Post
This really gets under my skin. I hate it when punk kids (or "adults") go around doing stuff like this. Just as shi++y as keying someones car. Scum of the earth! I will put a dollar in your "help me buy a new soft top" jar if you cant get insurance to cover it.

If it makes you feel any better, I once found a USED tampon smashed onto my windshield... Can you imagine what someone had to go through to get it there? Not to mention how mad she had to be at me to do it!
Ah that is gross that someone would do that! I could only imagine something like that!

Insurance wants a $1000 detectable and I called the dealership and for just the fabric its $1400. No way I can come up with that much money to pay for an item like that.

It does tick me off that people do that sort of thing. Im a hard working guy. And its not easy owning nice things sometimes when people just go around destroying it.

irishluck is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-29-2013, 04:05 PM   #17
ncb

The replacement fabric alone is around $650-850 depending on if you have a 2 or 4 door. Look on craigslist to see if you can pick up a take off top for cheap. You should compare insurance premiums on dropping the comprehensive deductible to $100.
ncb is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-29-2013, 04:10 PM   #18
irishluck
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncb View Post
The replacement fabric alone is around $650-850 depending on if you have a 2 or 4 door. Look on craigslist to see if you can pick up a take off top for cheap. You should compare insurance premiums on dropping the comprehensive deductible to $100.
From the dealership I bought it from they quoted me $1400 and I have the premium fabric on mine.

I already checked eBay and Craigslist and have seen them for $800-$1000.

But even at that, I can afford to do it.

I did go ahead and drop my comprehensive insurance down to $250 deductible but being I already filed the police report for today and talked to my insurance company, it will still be $1000 detectable.I attached some pictures of the cut.

Has to be on a rainy day too
imag0601.jpg   imag0603.jpg   imag0600.jpg  
Unread 10-29-2013, 04:55 PM   #19
715racing
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Maybe the zombies did it?

Pretty wild Jeep ya have there...sucks that some idiots messed with it!
Unread 10-29-2013, 05:02 PM   #20
HappyTrails
Registered Voter w/ID

2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 715racing View Post
Maybe the zombies did it?

Pretty wild Jeep ya have there...sucks that some idiots messed with it!
LMAO!!! Zombies did it...haha
Yeah, sweet looking Jeep you have there. Don't feed the dog for a while and then make him sleep in the Jeep. Those punks would deserve whatever happens to them, then.
Re-inventing the circle and straight line.
HappyTrails is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-29-2013, 05:03 PM   #21
irnmadn88
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Call around to a few boat shops. See if they can recommend anyone to stitch that up.

Or call an auto restorer and see if they can recommend an auto upholsterer.
irnmadn88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-29-2013, 09:29 PM   #22
irishluck
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTrails View Post
LMAO!!! Zombies did it...haha
Yeah, sweet looking Jeep you have there. Don't feed the dog for a while and then make him sleep in the Jeep. Those punks would deserve whatever happens to them, then.

D*** Zombies.... Ill get my revenge on them one day....

Ha Ive got husky/German shepherds too. One of them loves biting people!

I did call around to a few shops and Was told that they can basically put a patch on it. Would look ugly but would cost me very little to nothing.

May just have to do it. For now duck tape is my friend
Unread 10-29-2013, 10:45 PM   #23
2Five22
2013 JK Wrangler 

Even with an alarm, a nameless clown can slash tops, slash a tire, break off side mirrors, or break out a hardtop window and flee the immediate area before anyone can get out of bed/call the cops/arm themselves.

It isn't just Jeeps.

I am just the chauffeur.
2Five22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-30-2013, 01:40 AM   #24
HOKIES2010
Web Wheeler

2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by irishluck View Post
Ah that is gross that someone would do that! I could only imagine something like that!

Insurance wants a $1000 detectable and I called the dealership and for just the fabric its $1400. No way I can come up with that much money to pay for an item like that.

It does tick me off that people do that sort of thing. Im a hard working guy. And its not easy owning nice things sometimes when people just go around destroying it.
Did you check with your home owners or renters insurance?
Unread 10-30-2013, 02:09 AM   #25
zjilla
Web Wheeler

2007 JK Wrangler 

Move to a state where u can paint purple lines on ur trees and shoot to kill bc the castle law extends to ur property. Id sit on my porch with a shot gun. That, or tie a mean dog in proximity of u jeep. Thatd be quite a showfor ur cameras. Also look on ebay and craigslist. Tons of cheap 2door tops

Sent from my GT-N7000 using JeepForum
www.annirlane.blogspot.com
October 2013 JK of the month
My Slowly but surely JK build thread:
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f96/s...hread-1562595/
zjilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-30-2013, 05:49 AM   #26
HOKIES2010
Web Wheeler

2011 JK Wrangler 

And Qtech is having a soft top sale right now and free shipping on orders over 75. You already have all the factory hardware. All you need it the replacement fabric. Qtech brand is 369 right now and Bestop is 658 with tinted windows.
Unread 10-30-2013, 07:34 AM   #27
Make mine a Jeep!

2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by irnmadn88 View Post
Call around to a few boat shops. See if they can recommend anyone to stitch that up.

Or call an auto restorer and see if they can recommend an auto upholsterer.
I think that’s a great idea, at least give it a try and see what they have to say. Of course a new top is best but in the meantime until funds are available…
1222 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.