Soft top questions - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Soft top questions

Currie Antirock, Currectlync & Lift Kits on Sale!Oconee Off-Road Free Shipping Lifts Tires Bumpers Tops andIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 09-22-2006, 01:16 PM   #1
jimday1982

Soft top questions

Are there two different versions of the soft top? I've seen a lot of talk about a standard soft top and a sun-rider soft top - are they the same thing? If not, what's the difference?

Also, I've seen pictures of soft tops in various configurations - some have the top all the way back and rolled up in the boot while some only have the top half way back so the cargo area is still covered. Are these different kinds of tops or is it just that versatile?

Can someone shed some light on this for me? I was really hoping that it came standard with a soft top that can be pulled all the way back.

Last edited by jimday1982; 09-22-2006 at 01:29 PM..
jimday1982 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-22-2006, 01:24 PM   #2
scottyc
2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimday1982
some only have the top half way back so the cargo area is still covered.
You have described the Sunrider feature.

The only soft top available for the 4-door is the Sunrider version. It can be folded back to open up above the front row, or fold back to open up above both rows of seats (as you described), or fold all the way back into the 'boot' (or be removed completely).

For the 2-door, there will supposedly be a non-Sunrider soft top available at first, and then a Sunrider available late.
scottyc is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-22-2006, 01:30 PM   #3
jimday1982

Exactly what I needed to know. Thanks!
jimday1982 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-23-2006, 10:20 AM   #4
frankenstein897
1994 XJ Cherokee 

I didn't think that the 4 door soft top folded all the way back??? Can someone confirm this? This is the one thing that I don't like with the 4 door softtop. I want to be able to fold it all the way back.
frankenstein897 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-23-2006, 10:24 AM   #5
frankenstein897
1994 XJ Cherokee 

Never mind, I am an idiot :-). A couple posts down had pictures of the 4 door with the top folded all the way down. Very cool. I know everyone has an opinion about the new Jeep. Some like and some don't. I am torn as to whether I like it or not. I can say that I don't hate it. I think progession is good. But, I do love my 4.0L.

I like the 4 door because I have 3 kids and would love to get all of them in my Jeep with my wife (Currently have a TJ). They are a bit big so I am not totally sure on it yet.

Would love to read more stories from people who have bought them. Guess I will keep reading.
frankenstein897 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.