Soft top question - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Soft top question

TeraFlex Now at Rockridge 4WD! BEST DEALS around!Alloy usa heavy duty ball joint kitsENGO QUADLUX 6" to 54" LED AMBER AND WHITE MULTI

Unread 06-03-2010, 02:17 PM   #1
etwolfe7

Soft top question

I just bought a 2010 4-door Sport....hardtop only. I found a brand new 2007 soft top and I was just wondering if it will fit on my 2010. It includes all hardware and door surrounds. I'm about ready to pull the trigger, but I just wanted to make sure.

Thanks in advance!

etwolfe7 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-04-2010, 07:37 PM   #2
TheDustMan
2007 KJ Liberty 

If it includes all of the hardware, then it should. You may have to do a little drilling here and there but so long as all of the panels, supports, and nuts & bolts are there it should work.
TheDustMan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-04-2010, 09:54 PM   #3
plac
2012 JK Wrangler 

dang, i had same question pretty much. i dont have a hoist and it kind of sucks not being able to go completely topless.. then again.. i'd be worried about getting my NAV stolen every day if i only had a soft top.. I was hoping you didnt have to drill any holes to add a soft top.
Unread 06-04-2010, 10:47 PM   #4
InfernoGirl
2001 TJ Wrangler 

I really wouldn't think that you should have to drill anything to fit a soft top. The holes in the roll bars to mount the bows should already be there under the padding.

01 Jeep Wrangler Sport 4.0L, auto Sienna Mine
07 2D Rubicon Flame Red His
InfernoGirl is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-04-2010, 11:00 PM   #5
wilywillie
Web Wheeler

2008 JK Wrangler 

I'd look closer, Wolfe.
I know the '10's have a "zip wire" rather than a door seal, and sometime 07-10 they reconfigured the windshield mounting hooks (moved them more to the either side.)
These may not be issues, but the JK has changed a lot in 4 years.
Somebody show me I'm wrong.
wilywillie is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-05-2010, 12:00 AM   #6
Seanbmc
2009 JK Wrangler 

I had to dremel down the header on the 07 top to fit the front hook on my 09. My great deal used top did not have several hardware pieces, which turned out to be a few hundred $ more... My bad. Make sure you get everything!
Mastercraft Grab Handles, Mopar Slush Mats, Hitch.
Seanbmc is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-05-2010, 06:29 AM   #7
etwolfe7

Thanks again for all your help. I'll probably just wait until I sell the hard top from my 07, then get a 2010 soft top for my new jeep...that way I'll know that everything fits.

Has anyone ever sold a hard top? How do you ship it, or should I just do a local pickup only?
Unread 06-05-2010, 11:06 AM   #8
71luber
2010 JK Wrangler 

I drove a TJ soft top for 7 years. Loved it, but LOVE the new hard tops 10x more.

Living in Ohio, with Winters, no way I'd swap the hard top for a soft. Put a hoist in your garage, remove the top and invest in a good rain cover for parking it.

These hard tops with even a cheap Harken Hoister are faster and easier to remove and put on than the soft tops. I do not miss my soft top at all.
71luber is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-05-2010, 11:15 AM   #9
Jos360
2010 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 71luber View Post
I drove a TJ soft top for 7 years. Loved it, but LOVE the new hard tops 10x more.

Living in Ohio, with Winters, no way I'd swap the hard top for a soft. Put a hoist in your garage, remove the top and invest in a good rain cover for parking it.

These hard tops with even a cheap Harken Hoister are faster and easier to remove and put on than the soft tops. I do not miss my soft top at all.
True that, if you have the space to store your hard top and 1 other person around you, I'd just go for the hard top. It's quicker to remove than the softtop.
Unread 06-05-2010, 11:17 AM   #10
plac
2012 JK Wrangler 

ya im still trying to get around to buying a hoist system. i rent my place so im a bit hesitant..
Unread 06-05-2010, 11:18 AM   #11
etwolfe7

Quote:
Originally Posted by 71luber View Post

I actually have 2 hard tops right now. I just sold my 2007 Unlimited Sahara (came with dual tops) but kept the hard top, and got a 2010 Unlimited Sport that only has a hard top. The old hard top is actually hoisted in my garage right now. I'm looking to sell the old one and buy a soft top for the new jeep.

The winters here suck donkey balls, so I love having the hard top. But in the summer there's nothing like taking the top down and pulling the doors off. So hopefully I can get the old top sold!!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.