soft top price - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > soft top price

XJ Rail Sale!The Ruffstuff NOT Universal 4 Link Kit!Vanco Big Brake Kit Promotion!

Unread 03-18-2012, 11:02 PM   #1
brockj
2006 LJ Wrangler 

soft top price

i bought an 06 lj a few months ago and the dealer told me it came with a soft top. well we finally got nice weather and i was going to put the soft top on and it turns out its for a jk unlimited. it is dark gray, has tinted windows and all the door surrounds. everything looks to be in great shape but i cant use it. im going to have to sell it, so what would be a good asking price??

brockj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-19-2012, 06:41 AM   #2
jrmandryck
2008 JK Wrangler 

$400ish if it has all the hardware and surrounds is about right in my area
Unread 03-19-2012, 06:44 AM   #3
nyrangersfan19
2012 JK Wrangler 

If in your sales paperwork it states that it comes with a soft top, take it back to the dealer. They just MIGHT help you out. They also might tell you to go kick rocks, but you'll never know until you ask.
nyrangersfan19 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-19-2012, 08:17 AM   #4
jrmandryck
2008 JK Wrangler 

http://www.4wheelparts.com/Tops/XHD-...pn=RUG13741.35
Unread 03-19-2012, 09:06 AM   #5
brockj
2006 LJ Wrangler 

its about a 2 1/2 hours back to the dealer ship and they werent very helpful to begin with so i dont really wanna go back to them
Unread 03-19-2012, 01:44 PM   #6
starscream
1981 CJ5 

Quote:
Originally Posted by brockj View Post
its about a 2 1/2 hours back to the dealer ship and they werent very helpful to begin with so i dont really wanna go back to them
Most dealers I have seen will take the soft tops out and put them on the shelf inside while the Jeep is on the lot, then they go grab one and put it in when prepping for a sale. It sounds to me like they just grabbed the wrong box.

Is there another dealer close to you? If so, I'd call Jeep Customer support and see if you can get them to get them to you to exchange tops with you. If not, maybe they can get your original dealer to ship you the correct top and pay for return postage on the wrong top. Make sure you tell them how far away they are, how much of an inconvienence it is to you because of their mistake, etc...
starscream is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-19-2012, 03:23 PM   #7
brockj
2006 LJ Wrangler 

when i bought the jeep it was the only one on the lot. the top looks used, i think that what happened is that the previous owner bought a used top for a jeep wrangler unlimited not knowing that the 4 doors are called unlimiteds also
Unread 03-19-2012, 03:32 PM   #8
starscream
1981 CJ5 

Got it. My bad for not picking up on the fact it was used - when I first read your post somehow I missed that and thought it was new.
starscream is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.