Soft top not laying flat when down - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Soft top not laying flat when down

Dual Color LED Light Bars White/AmberFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitTHE NEW! VANCO DUAL MODE 15/16″ Big Brake Kit w/Bla

Unread 06-19-2013, 10:05 AM   #1
Iamjhil

Soft top not laying flat when down

I put my soft top down, but as you can see from the photos, it doesn't lay very flat, is there a way to fix this, or am i putting it down incorrectly. I feel like it should lay lower than what it is.

I understand it's not going to lay completely flat, i'm just thinking it's sticking up alot more than it should

-'13 Unlimited

Iamjhil is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-19-2013, 10:10 AM   #2
duneslider
2007 JK Wrangler 

You might be able to get it to lay a little bit flatter than that but probably not much. Carefully folding it helps. I thought mine had some elastic straps that would sort of help pull it down too but its been a while since I had my soft top on the jeep.
duneslider is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-19-2013, 11:39 AM   #3
rainmn
2008 JK Wrangler 

When you do the sunrider part of the fold, you need to pull the material towards the back of the Jeep. Look on youtube...there are several videos.

If you get that first part right, it will help with the top laying flatter.
rainmn is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-19-2013, 02:26 PM   #4
ncb

You have the "W" fold wrong when folding the Sunrider portion back. Top pic is wrong, bottom pic is correct.
image-3122784237.jpg  
ncb is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-21-2013, 12:19 PM   #5
TOK

Wait, shouldn't the Sunrider sliders be in the locked position when lowering the entire top? I do the W fold when using the Sunrider, but never do that when lowering the whole thing.
TOK is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-21-2013, 03:34 PM   #6
ncb

I never use the Sunrider feature, but when folding the top all the way back I fold the "W" as pictured then drop the top back so it's neatly stowed.
ncb is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-21-2013, 03:38 PM   #7
takeitsleazy
2013 JK Wrangler 

^Same. It just looks like youre folding it sloppily. No big deal, but to answer your question it CAN sit lower

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.