Soft top help for 2010 Unlimited - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Soft top help for 2010 Unlimited

ROCKRIDGE4WD Introduces a NEW Jeep Wrangler JK *led* tail ROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO NEW JK WRANGLER GRAB BARS NOW at ROCKRIDGE4WD

Unread 05-31-2010, 07:44 PM   #1
JPGal95
2010 JK Wrangler 

Soft top help for 2010 Unlimited

I just bought a new 2010 Jeep unlimited 4 door with the soft top and when I roll the windows down either the drivers window or what ever ones does not matter the soft top starts to flap just behind the back two doors, where jeep made it so when the door closes it is supposed to hold the flap in (I hope this makes sense) but it does not hold it in. This so far is the only flaw with the top I found so far. Do you think if I put a little Velcro on it, it might keep it in place?

Thanks, Lisa

PS I know my 95 jeep was a YJ what are they calling the 2010 unlimited?

JPGal95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-31-2010, 07:47 PM   #2
nhjku
2010 JK Wrangler 

You need to put that piece all the way into the slit, there. Then it locks itself in.
nhjku is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-31-2010, 07:51 PM   #3
JPGal95
2010 JK Wrangler 

There is no slit, it wraps around the door and when you shut the door that little flap apparently is supposed to hold tight when either of the passenger doors are shut, but when i roll the windows down it pops out then the whole flap up to the zippers are un Velcro and flapping around.
Unread 05-31-2010, 07:51 PM   #4
daggo66
2009 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPGal95 View Post
I just bought a new 2010 Jeep unlimited 4 door with the soft top and when I roll the windows down either the drivers window or what ever ones does not matter the soft top starts to flap just behind the back two doors, where jeep made it so when the door closes it is supposed to hold the flap in (I hope this makes sense) but it does not hold it in. This so far is the only flaw with the top I found so far. Do you think if I put a little Velcro on it, it might keep it in place?

Thanks, Lisa

PS I know my 95 jeep was a YJ what are they calling the 2010 unlimited?
Lisa,

It is not designed so that the door holds the flap in place. The leading edge on the window completely tucks into the channel of the door surround. It should tuck all the way in so the the botton of the "U" shape faces the front of the vehicle.
Unread 05-31-2010, 07:53 PM   #5
daggo66
2009 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPGal95 View Post
There is no slit, it wraps around the door and when you shut the door that little flap apparently is supposed to hold tight when either of the passenger doors are shut, but when i roll the windows down it pops out then the whole flap up to the zippers are un Velcro and flapping around.

Was your soft top installed by the dealer or did you install it? If you installed it, did you install the door surrounds?
Unread 05-31-2010, 07:54 PM   #6
JPGal95
2010 JK Wrangler 

arghhh I am not used to the soft top my YJ had a hard top.
Unread 05-31-2010, 07:56 PM   #7
JPGal95
2010 JK Wrangler 

I don't know who installed it, my dealer traded it from another dealer because it had all the options i wanted on it. I am sorry I don't know what you mean by surrounds? Like i said this is my first soft top so i know nothing about them. Other than this I love my new jeep I just picked it up this Saturday!
Unread 05-31-2010, 07:58 PM   #8
daggo66
2009 JK Wrangler 

Open your door. You will see a plastic piece that surrounds the upper door opening. Look at the back of this piece that meets the door. You will see a channel. The hard sewn "hem" on the edge of the rear window section fits in that channel. You need to put it in that channel before zipping the window on or you'll never get it in there.
Unread 05-31-2010, 08:00 PM   #9
JPGal95
2010 JK Wrangler 

Ok I will check this out tomorrow since it is now dark, i will also take pictures of it too. I really appreciate your help!

Unread 05-31-2010, 08:08 PM   #10
daggo66
2009 JK Wrangler 

OK, your door surrounds are installed. It's the plastic piece behind your rear doors. Take a look at this video: YouTube - Official Airpark 2010 JK soft top video At the 5:56 mark he shows how to install the window into the channel.
Unread 05-31-2010, 08:09 PM   #11
nhjku
2010 JK Wrangler 

You do have the door surrounds on. So open the rear door, and you should see the channel (I knew there was a better word than slit) that the end of the window locks into.
nhjku is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-03-2010, 06:45 AM   #12
JPGal95
2010 JK Wrangler 

ahhh haaa I see now in the video how that flap wraps into the channel (which IS a better word than slit...LOL) Thank you so much for all your help! I will let you know if I run into problems.
Unread 06-03-2010, 02:54 PM   #13
JPGal95
2010 JK Wrangler 

Worked out great! I undid my windows and popped the end piece into that channel, then everything was nice and tight, drove to work with windows down and everything stayed in place. Thank you all again for the help! I am emailing my dealer that video as he was clueless as to how to operate the soft top.
Unread 06-03-2010, 07:42 PM   #14
daggo66
2009 JK Wrangler 

You're welcome. Don't forget to wave to other Wranglers and CJ's.
Unread 06-03-2010, 07:52 PM   #15
JPGal95
2010 JK Wrangler 

Well lets see when I had my YJ I waved and was waved at all the time, but now that i have this new one I wave and everyone ignores me The other 4 door jeeps wave though.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.