Soft top to Hard top 2007 JK 2 door - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Soft top to Hard top 2007 JK 2 door

ROCKRIDGE4WD Introduces a NEW Jeep Wrangler JK *led* tail Ruffstuff XJ Unirail Channel Reinforcement....Rugged Ridge Modular XHD Snorkel Now for both 3.8L and 3.6

Unread 04-02-2013, 07:16 PM   #1
Tagg

Soft top to Hard top 2007 JK 2 door

Wanting to trade my soft top for a hard top. I have a 2007 JK 2 door wrangler and wanted to know the differences if any between the hard tops from 2007-2013. Is there only the windshield adapter part # 82212462 needed for the 2009-2013 hard tops to the 2007 or are there other parts needed for any of the 2007-2013 hard tops. Thanks.

Tagg is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-05-2013, 10:42 PM   #2
08Helotes
2008 JK Wrangler 

The difference is the windshield adapter, and also on the rear gate it may not seal right. The rear window on the new ones is wider than than the 07-10 models. It will work, but may not seal perfectly. I just bought a used hard top for my 08, and specifically just searches for one that was an 07-10, rather than dealing with other issues down the road! Just my $.02!
08Helotes is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-06-2013, 07:49 AM   #3
JTPhoto
Web Wheeler

2008 JK Wrangler 

The rear hardtop window 11-13 is wider however the top does taper in at the bottom to meet the tailgate as it is the same size as the tailgate on older models.
2008 Black and Khaki Sahara Unlimited. Auto, Tow pkg, Dual Tops, MyGig, Trax-Lok rear diff. 3.5" Rock Krawler fr springs, rear TeraFlex 2.5 BB, 35x12.50x17 Pitbull Rockers on Blackrock Viper Alloys, Flex-o-lite trans cooler, Mr Grille billet grille inserts, AEV Prem Bumper ETC.. AND a Locked and Lifted Honda Foreman for when the trails get real tight
JTPhoto is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-06-2013, 08:31 AM   #4
ncb

The tub and tailgate hasn't changed through out the JKs so the rear window isn't a problem.

The center latch loop on the windshield frame was moved to the left a few inches starting in 2009 so freedom top panels from 2007 and 2008 don't latch correctly on 2009 and newer JKs.
ncb is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-06-2013, 08:36 AM   #5
texan2
1978 CJ5 

So if you found a top, it should hook right up...you just wouldn't have a rear wiper until you got the adaptor? I have an 08 JK I want a hard top for.
texan2 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-25-2013, 11:22 AM   #6
iflycoptors

So I just bought an 07 Rubi with a soft top and lookin' at a hard top to buy what kind of stuff would I have to add to make it work as far as the wiper and defrost? thanks.
iflycoptors is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-25-2013, 11:37 AM   #7
ncb

Quote:
Originally Posted by iflycoptors
So I just bought an 07 Rubi with a soft top and lookin' at a hard top to buy what kind of stuff would I have to add to make it work as far as the wiper and defrost? thanks.
The Mopar wiring kit and a trip to the dealer to have the computer flashed.

http://www.quadratec.com/products/11190_51.htm
ncb is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.