soft top in carwash - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > soft top in carwash

Smittybilt Hard Tops @ Oconee Off-Road! 706-534-9955XHD Heavy-Duty Hood Latches for JK and TJ available at OcoFS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options!

Unread 11-03-2013, 11:41 AM   #31
crosboro
2002 TJ Wrangler 

When it gets that cold The Auto Carwashes shut down. What happens back east and in colder regions?[/QUOTE]

They all keep running with no problems. Although, I do recall one brushless one in Chicago during really cold weather where the spray had built up ice on the walls about 4 inches think, and the floor had even more, with just deep ruts where the tires went. That was fun getting out of!

crosboro is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-03-2013, 05:57 PM   #32
jeepsnmopars
2012 JK Wrangler 

I have been running mine through the touchless wash one or two times a month on the basic wash for a year and a half. No issues but it does get pretty noisy during the high pressure rinces. I don't have any issues with the top other than scratches from tree branches.
jeepsnmopars is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-03-2013, 07:23 PM   #33
Jeep03

i tried this once. Decided being inside a drum wasn't a fun experience.
Jeep03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-04-2013, 11:11 AM   #34
REF_NJ
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeep03 View Post
i tried this once. Decided being inside a drum wasn't a fun experience.
I go to a local hand wash place. Nothing with auto brushes. The one near me also has a track that pulls the vehicles through, which I like. It's piece of mind that no one is burning my clutch. As for the 'wind tunnel' - Jeep03 is right; it's like being in a drum so I politely ask them to shut it down when I pass through. So yes, I've gone through dryers in the past. No issues at all, other than the horrendous noise.
REF_NJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-06-2013, 08:53 AM   #35
tiotaco
2012 JK Wrangler 

Many times, no problems.
tiotaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-08-2013, 05:59 PM   #36
suicideking
2006 LJ Wrangler 

I take mine to a car wash all the time. Usually the day after wheeling. No problems or leaks.

I don't worry about scratches though. I have countless scratches from wheeling. I wouldn't notice if I got any from the car wash. Can't be as deep as the tree branches.
suicideking is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.