Soft Top Care - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Soft Top Care

Rockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits Rough Country Jeep Suspension Deals at Rockridge 4WD!Looking to re-gear?! CRAZY DEALS ON YUKON GEARS right here

Unread 03-23-2010, 08:36 PM   #1
KRC
2007 JK Wrangler 

Soft Top Care

Hello all,
Thought I'd ask the real pros.

What is everyones favorite product to use for keeping their soft top (and windows) clean, protected and looking good?

I would hate to use somthing that could deteriorate and shorten the life of the top and windows.

Thanks everyone.

KRC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-24-2010, 05:36 AM   #2
SaharaBlackNo1
2007 JK Wrangler 

Bestop specifically makes products for both. A lot of people seem to like 303. I think the best way to care for the soft top though is to make sure you fold it down properly so that nothing really rubs together and either buy the clover patch window roll storage bag or have your girlfriend make you something similiar (or make one yourself if you're skilled like that, I wasn't. lol). The soft top itself can be washed at a car wash, etc and the material is fairly tough and comes out looking good, the windows require the most care though. I actually bought the best top stuff for them and usually try and wipe them down a bit before rolling them up, just so that any dirt/dust doesn't rub against the windows when stored.
AEV: Hood, Skidplate & Bumper, jackstand and Badging Expedition One Rear Bumper,RE 4.5" Long Arm Kit,5.13s, Black Riddler Diff Covers, Hypertech Airaid CAI, PIAA 540s w/flush mounted switch, Flowmaster 40, 325/60/22 BFGs and the list goes on...
SaharaBlackNo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-24-2010, 06:45 AM   #3
frenchlayer
2010 JK Wrangler 

303 is really good stuff, they have a fabric protectant as well, just don't let it dry on the paint
frenchlayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-25-2010, 06:23 PM   #4
KRC
2007 JK Wrangler 

Thanks for the great information. For starters I picked up the 303 products and used them, it looks great. I'll get into the storage prep and practice next.

Thanks again.
KRC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-22-2010, 09:31 AM   #5
McKBrew
JK Wrangler 

No reason to start a new thread.

Regarding the 303 products, I"ve checked them out and there are a few different items. Which ones specifically should I get for the soft top?
McKBrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-22-2010, 09:39 AM   #6
nwbronco
2014 JK Wrangler 

Stop by a boat shop. They'll have what you need. It's 303 Vinyl Protectant.

Bob K.
nwbronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-22-2010, 09:49 AM   #7
McKBrew
JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by nwbronco View Post
Stop by a boat shop. They'll have what you need. It's 303 Vinyl Protectant.

Bob K.
Thanks.
Unread 07-22-2010, 12:51 PM   #8
GeoffatBestop

1980 CJ7 

Just a quick note:
Please be careful what you use on your windows. The top fabric is tough, and can stand up to things better than the windows.

Don't use any chemicals unless it specifically says it's made for vinyl or pvc window material.

Not sure about 303 on the windows - sounds like it works good on the tops, though.

Bestop does make cleaner and protectant for your top and for your windows, and of course we want you to buy lots and lots of it. BUT we will happily sit back and watch you use other products, many of which work great. Just be careful what you put on those windows. Thanks!!
GeoffatBestop is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-22-2010, 01:36 PM   #9
McKBrew
JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffatBestop View Post
Just a quick note:
Please be careful what you use on your windows. The top fabric is tough, and can stand up to things better than the windows.

Don't use any chemicals unless it specifically says it's made for vinyl or pvc window material.

Not sure about 303 on the windows - sounds like it works good on the tops, though.

Bestop does make cleaner and protectant for your top and for your windows, and of course we want you to buy lots and lots of it. BUT we will happily sit back and watch you use other products, many of which work great. Just be careful what you put on those windows. Thanks!!
Good piece of advice. I have read somewhere that 303 is not good on windows and will mess them up.
Unread 07-22-2010, 02:38 PM   #10
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Can u use armor all on the soft top? (not the windows/just the top)
Unread 07-22-2010, 06:03 PM   #11
owenswj
2007 JK Wrangler 

If you want. It won't last long and will leave those ugly runs after it gets wet.
owenswj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-22-2010, 06:32 PM   #12
beefisbliss
2010 JK Wrangler 

i use 303 aerospace protectant on my soft top AND windows.. no issues. they windows stay nice and soft
beefisbliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-23-2010, 03:27 PM   #13
GeoffatBestop

1980 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by owenswj View Post
If you want. It won't last long and will leave those ugly runs after it gets wet.
X2. It's also very hard to get an even armor all coating on an entire top. You'll get streaks and spots. Unless you're a lot neater than me.
GeoffatBestop is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-30-2013, 03:33 PM   #14
memcginnis

Soft Top Twill vs. PVC

Proud new owner of a 2013 Wrangler Sport with the Sunrider top. I want to take care of the top and was ready to buy the supplies necessary to take care of the traditional PVC top when I was told that "some" of the 2013's use twill, which of course utilizes a completely different set of supplies. Problem is that I'm not smart enough to know whether the top is PVC or twill. The dealer doesn't know, the service department at the dealer doesn't know and Chrysler customer support doesn't know.

Any advice on how to tell the difference between PVC and twill???
memcginnis is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
care , cleaning , JK Wrangler , products , soft top , wrangler

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.