soft top - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > soft top

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFlowmaster's Force II Axle-back exhaust system for the 201FS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 04-02-2013, 06:44 PM   #1
JRad2k
2012 JK Wrangler 

soft top

What do you use to clean your soft top windows? I heard windex is bad

JRad2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-02-2013, 06:46 PM   #2
FreeLantz
Are we havin' fun yet?

2007 JK Wrangler 

Regular old car wash soap and water. Or maybe a few sprays of Mequires "Quick Detail" on a microfiber cloth. But mostly just soap and water.

facebook.com/groups/TX4WDSL
FreeLantz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-02-2013, 09:16 PM   #3
JRad2k
2012 JK Wrangler 

A car detailer told me that this some kind of wax for the windows that's perfect has anyone heard of this?
JRad2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-03-2013, 05:51 AM   #4
Wavedatya
2010 JK Wrangler 

I just use soap and water. I did use Lucas quick detailed which is great for paint and plastic but on the windows it leaves a film. And that film becomes a dust magnet. Inside and out. Every time I went wheeling or done a dust or dirt road the windows would get caked.

Use a gentle cleaning solution and avoid waxes, detailers, and Protectant. The soft top would benefit from this cleaner/protectant.

I lubed mine all up before storing for the winter. Now it's spring an my soft top is on and windows collected dust while in storage and look like poop.
OF4WD member #7523. Durham 4x4 member.
Wavedatya is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.