So who can give me the most honest answer? - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > So who can give me the most honest answer?

FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits

Unread 03-12-2013, 10:40 AM   #31
JTPhoto
Web Wheeler

2008 JK Wrangler 

Well Bud, once again being totally honest, my rig is built for snow, mild trails for hunting and fishing and 90% DD on the highway. Total build including 5 tires and wheels under $5000. It's pretty much been this way for almost 5 years. No issues. So, you can spend $10G and make a rock crawler go anywhere rig that may not be as good on road or keep down on the budget and make a stable DD that will get you in more places then most people dream of.

2008 Black and Khaki Sahara Unlimited. Auto, Tow pkg, Dual Tops, MyGig, Trax-Lok rear diff. 3.5" Rock Krawler fr springs, rear TeraFlex 2.5 BB, 35x12.50x17 Pitbull Rockers on Blackrock Viper Alloys, Flex-o-lite trans cooler, Mr Grille billet grille inserts, AEV Prem Bumper ETC.. AND a Locked and Lifted Honda Foreman for when the trails get real tight
JTPhoto is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-12-2013, 01:10 PM   #32
john304
2010 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTPhoto View Post
Well Bud, once again being totally honest, my rig is built for snow, mild trails for hunting and fishing and 90% DD on the highway. Total build including 5 tires and wheels under $5000. It's pretty much been this way for almost 5 years. No issues. So, you can spend $10G and make a rock crawler go anywhere rig that may not be as good on road or keep down on the budget and make a stable DD that will get you in more places then most people dream of.
Amen.

(Mine is basically built the same way)
john304 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-12-2013, 02:07 PM   #33
TXJimmy
2010 JK Wrangler 

I have the RK 3.5" X-Factor Pro lift and have been running the stock driveshafts for almost 2 years/30K miles now without any vibrations or issues.
I really don't do any "heavy" wheeling. Mostly sand beaches and forest trails so far. Running 315/75/16 (34")tires. Rides decent. The 4.10 gears still work pretty good, doubt I'll re-gear it.
TXJimmy is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.