So the dealer told me - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > So the dealer told me

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRubicon Express Suspensions from CCOR 706-207-4140Smittybilt Hard Tops @ Oconee Off-Road! 706-534-9955

Unread 05-20-2010, 05:08 PM   #16
frenchlayer
2010 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 95wrangler4life View Post
for 6K you better be going with a clayton long arm kit with some 35-37" tires and beadlocks!
I went 3" teraflex, front and rear tflex drive-shafts, tflex front and rear upper and lower flex arms, 35 nitto trail grapplers, 17x9 eagle alloys, and superchips

frenchlayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-20-2010, 05:58 PM   #17
MD7

So what would you guys recommend for a decent 3" or 4" lift?

Ideally I wanna be about were this guy has his jeep

[/QUOTE]
he said he has the RE 2" BB & 33's on 15's, I have no idea what that means.
MD7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-20-2010, 07:45 PM   #18
mclaggan123
jeepaholic

2006 LJ Wrangler 

that means rubicon express 2" budget boost lift and 33" tires on 15" rims. i would reccomend a zone 3" lift with 35" bfg km2's. also fill out your profile so we know what your starting with. if you need help just ask.

2006 Rubicon unlimited, silver. 5.5" long arm lift. 35" BFG KM2's on 15" black steelies. skidrow steering skid and radiator skid . LOD rear bumper with tire carrier. Flowmaster 44 exhaust. .CB with tuffy Overhead storage . Offroad lights in bumpers front and rear plus 2 more on the winch hoop.
mclaggan123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-20-2010, 10:43 PM   #19
MD7

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclaggan123 View Post
that means rubicon express 2" budget boost lift and 33" tires on 15" rims. i would reccomend a zone 3" lift with 35" bfg km2's. also fill out your profile so we know what your starting with. if you need help just ask.
I don't have a jeep yet, I am trying to decide between a X and a rubi, I have never really 4X4'd before so I wanna get the right truck for some light off roading, I don't wanna get the rubi and find out after a month of having it that the X would have been more then enough jeep for me.
MD7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-21-2010, 12:13 PM   #20
mclaggan123
jeepaholic

2006 LJ Wrangler 

the X is more than capable for the kind of offroading your doing. it all depends on the setup and what you plan on doing. i have an X and ive been able to do all the stuff ive wanted to do as far as offroading. i even had an easier time on things that people with rubies were struggling with. basically what it boils down to is you can have the best rig out there but if you cant wheel it then it does you know good. offroading is one of those things that the drivers skill goes a very long way. but i will tell you this if two drivers had the same skills and one was driving the X and the other a rubie the rubie is better hands down. the ruby has a stronger front axle, lockers, electric swaybar disco's and better tires. the choice is yours but if you dont plan to change much but want to have a capable rig then i would buy the ruby if you can afford it. i have plans to build my X so the extra money wasnt worth it for me. good luck and let us know what you do.

2006 Rubicon unlimited, silver. 5.5" long arm lift. 35" BFG KM2's on 15" black steelies. skidrow steering skid and radiator skid . LOD rear bumper with tire carrier. Flowmaster 44 exhaust. .CB with tuffy Overhead storage . Offroad lights in bumpers front and rear plus 2 more on the winch hoop.
Unread 05-21-2010, 02:14 PM   #21
MilitaryJK4455
Web Wheeler
2010 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclaggan123 View Post
the X is more than capable for the kind of offroading your doing. it all depends on the setup and what you plan on doing. i have an X and ive been able to do all the stuff ive wanted to do as far as offroading. i even had an easier time on things that people with rubies were struggling with. basically what it boils down to is you can have the best rig out there but if you cant wheel it then it does you know good. offroading is one of those things that the drivers skill goes a very long way. but i will tell you this if two drivers had the same skills and one was driving the X and the other a rubie the rubie is better hands down. the ruby has a stronger front axle, lockers, electric swaybar disco's and better tires. the choice is yours but if you dont plan to change much but want to have a capable rig then i would buy the ruby if you can afford it. i have plans to build my X so the extra money wasnt worth it for me. good luck and let us know what you do.
Is your Jeep for sale on CL? I swear there is one close to hear that sounds just like yours for like 11,900... I think its a scam..
MilitaryJK4455 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-23-2010, 06:35 AM   #22
RussK
2007 JK Wrangler 

yea stay away from those kind of dealerships. 2K is outrageous. The one by me said your better off doing it yourself. A lot cheaper. The only difference between lifts as said before is the disconnects up front on the rubi don't get changed(if you get a lift with the new sway bar links)

I went with the BDS 3" with the quick disco's and love it(great warranty). It's a little softer of a ride than stock not bad until I trailer something. I like the stiffer ride for that.

It was $750 I put it on myself in about 12 hours and a 12 pack.
285/70/17's on 17x8 4.5 backspace.
Before

after
RussK is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-23-2010, 07:54 AM   #23
mclaggan123
jeepaholic

2006 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Militaryman4455 View Post
Is your Jeep for sale on CL? I swear there is one close to hear that sounds just like yours for like 11,900... I think its a scam..
nope not mine. it does sound like a scam at 11,900. unless it has alot of damage or really high milledge its probably a scam.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.