So the dealer told me - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > So the dealer told me

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineThe ULTIMATE "Selectable" Locker System! BroughFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 05-20-2010, 04:32 AM   #1
MD7

So the dealer told me

Couple other questions here guys,

So the dealer told me that the hard tops don't leak at all, that they took care of that way back on the TJ's, they telling the truth?

They also told me that the rubicon needs a different kind of lift, how di I know witch ones to look at for the rubi over the wrangler?

MD7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-20-2010, 04:50 AM   #2
VaRaven
2010 JK Wrangler 

The dealer told you a BIG lie. I had a 2008 JK that I had to take back 11 times before it was bought back under the lemon law. They did do me right by buying it back, My new jeep has no leaks!
VaRaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-20-2010, 05:00 AM   #3
MilitaryJK4455
Web Wheeler
2010 JK Wrangler 

This guy must be an idiot... The tops dont leak (bad) if they are not damaged and if they are put on properly. They are probably still going to leak some once you break the seal... The reason I say he is an idiot is because he told you that the Rubicon needs a different kind of lift, that is the dumbest thing I have ever heard. The only difference in a Rubicon mechanically is the axles, auto sway bar disco's, gears, and I think transfer case, but none of that stuff will affect the suspension set up, you can run any lift on a Rubicon that you can run on a sahara or a sport (x). He may have been trying to tell you that the Rubicons have stiffer springs? I know the four doors do, but when you buy a lift it will come with springs so that makes no difference... Go tell that guy that you want to speak to someone that actually knows something about the product they are selling or you will go to a different dealer.

Edit: BTW, a Rubicon is a Wrangler... Its just the offroad package... Kind of like Z71 for Chevrolet.
MilitaryJK4455 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-20-2010, 05:43 AM   #4
daggo66
2009 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MD7 View Post
they telling the truth?
It's easy to tell if they're telling a lie. You'll notice their mouths moving.
Unread 05-20-2010, 05:46 AM   #5
Neoxxis
2007 JK Wrangler 

My hard top never leaked a drop, except when I open the door while it rains...

As for the lift... WTF?
Unread 05-20-2010, 06:28 AM   #6
RAZORBILL
2014 JK Wrangler 

If none of the hard tops ever leaked they wouldn't have to tell you that they don't leak.
Unread 05-20-2010, 06:34 AM   #7
MilitaryJK4455
Web Wheeler
2010 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by daggo66 View Post
It's easy to tell if they're telling a lie. You'll notice their mouths moving.
Unread 05-20-2010, 07:10 AM   #8
frenchlayer
2010 JK Wrangler 

and my dealer told me to go with fortec to get the lift done, cause they use the best, riggghhhht. 6k for a budget boost and wheel tire package.
frenchlayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-20-2010, 07:30 AM   #9
TheDozarian
1994 ZJ 

The only thing that makes any kind of sense with the Rubi lift is if it's a different model Rubi (TJ, JK, etc.) But my understanding, most all of it coming from this website and tons of research, would indicate that as long as you're on the same model, any of the lifts that are compatible with one would be compatible with all.

Just my 2 cents...
Unread 05-20-2010, 07:34 AM   #10
95wrangler4life
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by frenchlayer View Post
and my dealer told me to go with fortec to get the lift done, cause they use the best, riggghhhht. 6k for a budget boost and wheel tire package.
for 6K you better be going with a clayton long arm kit with some 35-37" tires and beadlocks!

Build thread: http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/b...-dirty-894483/
95wrangler4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-20-2010, 07:46 AM   #11
cole925
2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Militaryman4455 View Post
Edit: BTW, a Rubicon is a Wrangler... Its just the offroad package... Kind of like Z71 for Chevrolet.
I feel the need to edit your own edit, especially since I came to Jeep from 7+ years of owning/modifying Chevys. The Rubicon is ACTUALLY different from a regular Wrangler, whereas a Z71 is in no way mechanically different from the 4x4 package. They come installed with a different set of shocks, absolutely nothing else is different (except maybe some fancy gadgets inside for the elitist soccer mom types). Depending on which generation you purchase, the OE tires are even identical. For all the things that Jeep doesn't get right, I am thoroughly impressed with how capable the Rubicon is off the assembly line. Sorry for the rant, but please don't give Chevy any more than it is due...... stupid IFS......

Quote:
Originally Posted by MD7 View Post
Couple other questions here guys,

So the dealer told me that the hard tops don't leak at all, that they took care of that way back on the TJ's, they telling the truth?
In my experience, the JK hard top is perfect. I don't have a single leak in light or heavy rain. To caveat that though, I don't mess around with the tops now that I found the right seal. I've actually debated using liquid nails to make the seal permanent...... (just a joke)
Unread 05-20-2010, 08:13 AM   #12
MilitaryJK4455
Web Wheeler
2010 JK Wrangler 

[QUOTE=cole925;9493319]I am thoroughly impressed with how capable the Rubicon is off the assembly line. Sorry for the rant, but please don't give Chevy any more than it is due...... stupid IFS......QUOTE]

Ok, You're right, but there really is not any thing else to compare it to as far as a stock available package. There are many mech differences in the Rubi than in the X but a Rubicon is just as much a Wrangler as an X and Vice Versa. The wrangler is the body style. (I know that you know this, just trying to clarify it for those who may not). But these mechanical differences do not affect the lift that it is capable of taking... Although i guess it does it does allow for a larger set of tires without regearing which, in a way, could allow for a larger lift... But that is all relevant because if you wanna run 37's on an X you can, just regear and possibly running a beefed up 30 set or either swapping to a 44.
Unread 05-20-2010, 02:01 PM   #13
pja727
2009 JK Wrangler 

Did he tell you were getting a great deal and then try to sell scotch gaurd and wax to you for $595?
pja727 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-20-2010, 04:15 PM   #14
MD7

THe dealer has actually treated me pretty well, other then that weird info about the lift, I think he just wants to see me the jeep lift kit for 2K.

I'm sure you guys can understand me wanting to get my info here and lot eat up every word (lie) the dealer feeds me.
MD7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-20-2010, 04:31 PM   #15
95wrangler4life
1995 YJ Wrangler 

For real, this goes out to everyone and anyone, find someone with their own garage or hobby of working on jeeps if its not a warrenty item. STEALERSHIPS are just that, the local jeep dealership here told the new couple to our club that it was going to cost them $500 for a new driverside u-joint. Also told them it was bad ball joints as well, which are fine!

Lift kit for $2000 I have seen a dealership do this before for a BB with upgraded shocks, just total bull. It makes me sick when i see/hear things like this from STEALERSHIPS!

Build thread: http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/b...-dirty-894483/
95wrangler4life is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.