Smoothest "daily driver" lift to run 35's? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Smoothest "daily driver" lift to run 35's?

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineGrizzly Lockers available at Rockridge4wd.comThe ULTIMATE "Selectable" Locker System! Brough

Unread 04-12-2009, 08:36 PM   #1
silvel2edge

Smoothest "daily driver" lift to run 35's?

In your guys' opinion, what's the most comfortable or smoothest lift to run 35's? I would like to maybe dabble a little bit with some rock crawling, but I mostly see myself doing trails and maybe some snow stuff and I don't think I want to do a body lift.

I also really like the feel of how the 4 door auto rubi drives stock when I test drove it so I'd like to at least maintain that feel or improve on it if possible. I don't even know if that's possible if you lift it.

silvel2edge is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-12-2009, 08:52 PM   #2
Xtremjeepn
2008 JK Wrangler 

AEV-Conversions.com
Unread 04-12-2009, 09:40 PM   #3
ChicagoGuy
formerly VetteDriver

2008 JK Wrangler 

Any LA kit should give you want you are looking for. I think the LA kits on the 4dr ride miles better than stock.

Also consider that the shocks will have more to do with this than the lift kit. Get the right shocks for the ride you want. Match them to whatever lift for the articulation.
Unread 04-13-2009, 12:41 PM   #4
themaniam1
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by VetteDriver View Post
Any LA kit should give you want you are looking for. I think the LA kits on the 4dr ride miles better than stock.

Also consider that the shocks will have more to do with this than the lift kit. Get the right shocks for the ride you want. Match them to whatever lift for the articulation.
2x Long Arm lifts are really smooth I would never go any other way but they are pricey. You can get some adjustable shocks so you can dial in the ride you want.
Unread 04-13-2009, 02:39 PM   #5
cyberpvnk
2007 JK Wrangler 

If you can't break the bank like the above guys suggested with a LA I would suggest looking at the Rough Country one with the upgraded shocks. I've read lots of good things.

Looking for a 2DR JK softtop in good condition. Located in ILL.
cyberpvnk is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-13-2009, 02:54 PM   #6
BiGEN
2007 JK Wrangler 

i love my LA kit on my 2dr... feels way better then stock..

VAJeepTrailDogs
[/color]
BiGEN is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-14-2009, 10:31 AM   #7
highoctane
2013 WK 

AEV hands down. Rode in a buddies 4dr with the 3.5" AEV lift with high steer kit, 1" body lift and 35" bfg krawlers. Never though such a combo could ride so smooth. Better than stock. Amazing ride quality. It is a pricey kit for all that's in it though. And he did not use the cam bolts, used teraflex adjustable lower front arms instead.
highoctane is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-14-2009, 12:04 PM   #8
cyberpvnk
2007 JK Wrangler 

I'm in nearly the same boat as the OP but AEV is not an option, nor is a LA kit. I'm looking at a sub-$800 for a lift.

Looking for a 2DR JK softtop in good condition. Located in ILL.
cyberpvnk is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.