Smittybilt XRC Atlas Rear Bumper - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Smittybilt XRC Atlas Rear Bumper

The Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!Building a Bumper?Introducing MONSTALINERô UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 10-10-2013, 09:01 AM   #31
Overdrive
2013 JK Wrangler 

Install Pending

OK will do... The Atlas will be replacing my current Bestop HighRock rear bumper with tire swing. The install for the Bestop was very simple and everything lined up great so it will be interesting to see how the Smittybilt works out.

The Atlas will be getting a workout very soon with a trip planed in two weeks up to the mountains. I will be hauling my 2700lb trailer as well as some mild wheeling.

The one thing, other than the license plate blocking issue that just occurred to me is that the Atlas does not appear to have any kind of hold open pin/feature so that may be an issue since as we all know out on the trail there are LOTS of times I need to get into the back of the JKU in off-camber situations. The HighRock has been a non issue since it is connected to the tailgate and uses the factory hold open stop.

I will also be putting some rear LED flood lights and trying to figure out a good way to mount up my Rotopax on the Atlas and trying to figure out the cleanest way to route wiring.

Stay tuned!

jeep_bestop_bumper.jpg  
Overdrive is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-10-2013, 10:29 AM   #32
thebrassnuckles

Quote:
Originally Posted by gblock View Post
For the curious, just had one installed myself. Really happy, though as others have said in other places about the partial covering of the rear license plate am slightly concerned about getting busted.
[/URL]
Hey GBlock, you wouldn't mind posting a side view pic would you? I am very interested in this bumper, but want to see what the departure angle looks like.

Thanks
thebrassnuckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-10-2013, 11:48 AM   #33
Make mine a Jeep!

2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Overdrive View Post
...Anyway, I am scheduled to have a new Atlas rear bumper delivered this afternoon and I noticed that no one seems to have a review/install up. Any interest in seeing a detailed install? I plan on install this weekend.
Of course there is. We all enjoy write-ups of any sort so get to it. One unwritten rule is that you take pics along the way with the install or we will hunt you down and throw rotten eggs at you. Just be sure to start a new thread though which Iím sure you are well aware of that already.
1222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-10-2013, 01:23 PM   #34
Overdrive
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1222 View Post
Of course there is. We all enjoy write-ups of any sort so get to it. One unwritten rule is that you take pics along the way with the install or we will hunt you down and throw rotten eggs at you. Just be sure to start a new thread though which Iím sure you are well aware of that already.
Thanks 1222 that was my next question. Been away from JeepForum for a LONG time and I know there are new rules. So I will start a new thread. Plan on taking pics as I go and posting them. Not to sound like a noob but which would be the most appropriate forum to post the writeup in so I don't get my birthday taken away ?
Overdrive is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-10-2013, 04:57 PM   #35
CrawlingForward
Rookies Happen.

1995 YJ Wrangler 

I would think JK technical.

95 YJ, Rio Grande - The Wannabe Sleeper Wheeler
2010 JKU, Islander Edition - The Burly Stock Overlander

- North Shore Jeep Club -
Build/Wheel/Break/Educate/Upgrade/Repeat
CrawlingForward is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.