Smittybilt SRC Ge2 front bumper - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Smittybilt SRC Ge2 front bumper

New! JK/U skid plate system.We now have Uniballs!The Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!

Unread 03-26-2015, 09:41 AM   #1
sccpdc
JACKAL

2014 JK Wrangler 

Has anyone bought and installed the smitty built SRC Ge2 front bumper, im thinking abuot getting it. Your thoughts?

image-2825043920.jpg

Unread 03-26-2015, 10:21 AM   #2
sccpdc
JACKAL

2014 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sccpdc
Has anyone bought and installed the smitty built SRC Ge2 front bumper, im thinking abuot getting it. Your thoughts?
Is it worth 600.00?
Unread 03-26-2015, 11:34 AM   #3
Psycho-X-Jeep
2009 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sccpdc View Post
Is it worth 600.00?
Ive never really been a fan of bumpers with tubing on the sides... but besides that I dont think its work it. I have a Smitty XRC front and wasnt a fan as soon as I opened the box. Crappy powdercoating and thin metal... especially the tabs on the hoop to mount lights. A child with a small hammer could easily break them off. I would like to see Smitty's steel thickness tolerances and powdercoating specs... That is if they even have quality control!

Might as well get one from one of the better known companies and pay that little bit extra. Im currently a fan of JCR Offroad. But Poison Spyder, LOD, ACE Engineering, Crawler Conceptz, ARB, Shrockworks (if you can wait), and a number of other vendors seem to have quality products.
Psycho-X-Jeep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-30-2015, 12:48 PM   #4
trouble117

Bumper is heavy, over 100 lbs. the whole thing is 3/16" steel. Theres no way a hammer would be taking off light tabs they have about 5 " of weld. they have a very unique shape in order to work with standard lights and LED light bars, you can also mount lights on top and bottom of the mounts.
trouble117 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-05-2015, 02:16 PM   #5
rfjeeper

2007 JK Wrangler 

I like the gen 2 bumpers better but prefer the xrc plate steel over tube, I have been waiting over 6 months for them to release the rear gen 2, got tired of waiting so I got a tera flex carrier and now saving money for the tera flex rear bumper
rfjeeper is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.