When I am done I will summarize the issues and what went well so there is a short list.
Snag #2: Swing Arm Install...
Setting the swing arm in the pocket on the bumper you are suppose to place a single stainless steel washer under the arm. If there is a space there is another SS washer to add. However; when I slid in the swing arm there was NO space. I tried for about half an hour to squeeze, pry, and swear a single SS washer into place but it was a no-go.
Engineering Change Request #1: sand off powdercoat on swing arm mounting locations on the bumper before shipping.
I should have stopped and done this but I didn't. So no SS washer in there. This is going to be a problem
for wear but I am not sure I can get the bolt sleeve (see inventory pic) back out. Uggg! . This was Mistake #1. I will try to call Smittybilt and see if there is any way of removing the swing arm sleeve once installed. It may come out easier than when it went in after some wear (fingers crossed).
Installed swing arm sleeve. Another item that I should have grinded off the powder coat on the bumper at the top where the sleeve slides in. I had to rap on the sleeve with a rubber mallet to get it to seat down into the swing arm and its bracket.
Observation: Instructions have you grease everything that deals with the swing arm joint but there is no zerk fitting to allow periodic lube.
Engineering Change Request #2: add zerk fitting and modify assembly to route pumped in grease.
I have not dealt with this type of swing arm pivot before. Prior projects including the Bestop bumper all used the old spindle and bearings so I am not sure if I just don't get it or if this setup will be a problem.
Snag #3: The latch stud on the bumper for the swing arm catch isn't far enough out to catch the swing arm properly. I had to add a few washers to get the catch to work properly. (I will post a pic of this later).