Sirus Sat radio issue - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Sirus Sat radio issue

Savvy Billet LED Tail LightsLight up the holidays with LED lights from JeepHutIntroducing MONSTALINERô UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 06-16-2009, 12:48 PM   #1
Bowdie
2007 JK Wrangler 

Sirus Sat radio issue

I recently purchased an '07 and it came with sat radio, however the signal sucks and fades in and out easily. I was wondering if there is an antenna upgrade or any other options to make the signal stronger...

Bowdie is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-16-2009, 12:53 PM   #2
Bowdie
2007 JK Wrangler 

Also, is there anyway to turn off the annoying seat belt warning? besides clipping the seat belt behind you...
Unread 06-16-2009, 12:58 PM   #3
Make mine a Jeep!

2012 JK Wrangler 

Not sure about the antenna upgrade, but itís a common occurrence with the signal. It should only happen once in a while when you pass a tree or something similar. Mine does it, but only occasionally. Never with a clear sky though.
1222 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-16-2009, 04:02 PM   #4
toyota4x405
2007 JK Wrangler 

You can make the seat belt warning go off. Look in the manual. Its on page 45.

1. Turn the ignition switch to the OFF position, and
buckle the driver or front passenger seat belt.
2. Turn the ignition key to the ACCESSORY/RUN position
(engine does not need to be running), and wait for
the Seat Belt Warning Light to turn off.
3. Within 60 seconds of starting the vehicle, unbuckle
and then re-buckle the driver or front passenger seat belt
at least three times within 10 seconds, ending with the
seat belt buckled.
4. Turn the ignition key to the OFF position. A single
chime will sound to signify that you have successfully
completed the programming.
Green Jeep Club Member #254

2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited, Jeep Green
Quote:
Originally Posted by GonzoTJ View Post
'REAL Jeepers don`t cry about other Jeepers not waving at them!'
toyota4x405 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-16-2009, 07:00 PM   #5
07MustangGT
2013 JK Wrangler 

Sweet! Thanks, I just turned my seat belt chimer off. My satellite radio only cuts out when going under bridges/overpasses. I believe the antenna is in the roll bar so it might be pretty hard to upgrade...

2001 TJ Sport, Patriot Blue, AC, Cruise, 6 cylinder, 5-speed, Herculiner, Rubi wheels/tires, brush guard, DANA 44......GONE but not forgotten

2002 TJ 4cyl, Yellow, 5-speed... Gone but not forgotten
07MustangGT is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-16-2009, 07:03 PM   #6
RetiredSERE

1980 CJ7 

It's satelite. It needs direct access to the bird, so when you are under an overpass you will not get a signal.

Dave

Admit to Nothing, Deny Everything, Make Counter Accusations...

I Feel Like a Monkey F***ing a Football..
RetiredSERE is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-16-2009, 09:05 PM   #7
rirrgang
2007 JK Wrangler 

There are certain times of the day when fade will be worse than others. The 3 sats that Sirius uses are not stationary and therefore can have parts of the day when fade is worse than others. Sometimes an overpass will not even cause a problem, others a tree will cause a drop out.
XM on the other hand uses stationary sats. Your reception will be the same or close to it, all day.
Unread 06-16-2009, 11:04 PM   #8
Make mine a Jeep!

2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rirrgang View Post
There are certain times of the day when fade will be worse than others. The 3 sats that Sirius uses are not stationary and therefore can have parts of the day when fade is worse than others. Sometimes an overpass will not even cause a problem, others a tree will cause a drop out.
XM on the other hand uses stationary sats. Your reception will be the same or close to it, all day.
Thanks for that bit of info.
1222 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-17-2009, 01:19 AM   #9
JeeperSC
2008 JK Wrangler 

My free access to sat radio recently ran out. The signal sucked so bad, I cant see paying for it monthly. lol
Sometimes it was pretty good. it NEVER picked up in drive thrus. If I went under anything from a bridge to telephone pole wires I would lose the signal for a second or two. Even if there were alot of trees around the road, I couldnt get a signal until I was away fron the trees. Sometimes there could be perfect weather, nothing above me or around me but the ground and clear skies and it would still go in and out like crazy to the point where I couldnt listen to it.

I think its an issue with Sirius's sat. Until the bug is worked out or something I wont pay monthly for it.
Unread 06-17-2009, 06:52 AM   #10
Bowdie
2007 JK Wrangler 

thanks for the info, looks like when it comes time to renew the sat radio ill find something else to spend the 50 bucks on. toyota4x405, seriously, thank you. i could not stand that warning.
Unread 06-17-2009, 08:55 AM   #11
weiva
2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeeperSC View Post
My free access to sat radio recently ran out. The signal sucked so bad, I cant see paying for it monthly.
If your free access ended, I'd get something from Sirius in writing that it is ended. There are a bunch of horror stories about Sirius continuing to bill the account after the free trial period.

The merger resulted in reduced terrestrial reception and increased prices. Reception got worse since they were forced to give up some terrestrial repeaters as condition of the merger. I dumped one receiver due to the rate increases.
weiva is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-17-2009, 04:23 PM   #12
1911lover
2008 JK Wrangler 

I recently let my 1 year "free subscription" lapse. I can't see spending what they want for the 2-3 stations I listen to, not to mention the sometimes crappy reception. Also, it seemed that the DJs started flapping their gums a lot more since the merger. If I want to listen to gum flapping, I'll listen to FM or AM and save my money for something worthwhile.

Besides, I use and much prefer my i pod and get to listen to exactly what I prefer.

1997 Explorer
2008 Liberty
2008 Sahara Unlimited
1911lover is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.