Sirius XM Antenna - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Sirius XM Antenna

The Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!Building a Bumper?Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 09-23-2013, 12:30 PM   #16
brianjw
2012 JK Wrangler 

I only keep my subscription for Jason Ellis.

My reception had been good (except in forested areas) but with my j30 top it blocks the signal intermittently if I'm north bound. I need to relocate/replace the antenna apparently.

brianjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-23-2013, 12:32 PM   #17
JoonHoss
2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astennis1 View Post
I don't know whats up with yours because mine sounds great. My free year is coming up and I will probably not continue...
it's the digital compression. talks not terrible, but if you listen to most any decent music/genre on a regular stereo vs. Sirius, it's horrible.

also, if your free is about to run out, don't renew until the offer you the 6/mos for $25 deal

personally, I also do not like any company which wants to charge you $16 a month for their service, but will give you 6 months of service for $25 bucks, just to try to get you back. reward your non-customers, but screw your loyal customers? (I am equally pissed at phone companies and cable companies for this same tactic)

if I had no other signal, I would learn to deal with it, but the stock stereo in my Jeep is bad enough, and I really can't take it with the compressed, digitalized feed.

Hoss

Don't mind me, I'm just another FNG around here...
JoonHoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-23-2013, 12:34 PM   #18
offroadjeepjk

I just extended for a year with Sirius this weekend. I was pretty happy with the service, but it seemed pricey @ $180 a year. They called when I had 7 days left on the free trial & dropped the all-in price to $106. I just need to remember to get the same deal next year before the auto-renewal hits.
offroadjeepjk is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-23-2013, 12:37 PM   #19
JoonHoss
2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by offroadjeepjk View Post
I just extended for a year with Sirius this weekend... it seemed pricey @ $180 a year. They called when I had 7 days left on the free trial & dropped the all-in price to $106. I just need to remember to get the same deal next year before the auto-renewal hits.
see what I mean? they are as bad to deal with as gym memberships...

Hoss

Don't mind me, I'm just another FNG around here...
JoonHoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-23-2013, 12:43 PM   #20
ncb

Don't give those *******s a credit card number. They make it nearly impossible to cancel. I recently canceled and will never do business with them again.
ncb is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-24-2013, 09:45 AM   #21
RogueStatus
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncb View Post
Don't give those *******s a credit card number. They make it nearly impossible to cancel. I recently canceled and will never do business with them again.
this is very true. and thankfully my card number has changed since I renewed last year so they can't directly charge me this year. I'll do my usual "im canceling" so they cut me a deal like they have the past 2 times .

Past experiences have been terrible with customer service... I NEVER yell at anyone (only USPS ), and i caught myself yelling at them because of how stupid they are. When i had to switch my subscription to my jeep and cancel from my BMW was probably my worst experience with them.... They couldn't seem to grasp the fact that I no longer owned the bmw and wanted to transfer it to the Jeep for when the free trial ran out.
Unread 09-24-2013, 09:51 AM   #22
bhoch
2012 JK Wrangler 

that explains a lot, actually. As my Sat radio cuts out a lot when I fold back the top to the sunrider position (which is basically all the time). It folds over and the metal parts tend to sit right about that area.
bhoch is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-25-2013, 12:38 AM   #23
ancientspear
2013 JK Wrangler 

can you still get the lifetime subscription for $350 or something like that?
ancientspear is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-25-2013, 06:02 AM   #24
PhatBasturd
Web Wheeler

1976 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by offroadjeepjk
I just extended for a year with Sirius this weekend. I was pretty happy with the service, but it seemed pricey @ $180 a year. They called when I had 7 days left on the free trial & dropped the all-in price to $106. I just need to remember to get the same deal next year before the auto-renewal hits.
I have a subscription for my work truck that I drive 20k+ miles a year. Don't have it on the Jeep.

I've paid roughly $80 a year for at least 8 years now, BUT every year when it is time to renew I call to cancel. After about 20 minutes on the phone they finally always agree to renew it "just this once" for the same price.

Sent from my over priced iPhone.
PhatBasturd is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-02-2013, 03:37 PM   #25
11JKGIRL
2011 JK Wrangler 

They are desperate to keep customers. Let it lapse then call. Tell them an amount you want to pay and the stations you want and they will do it. Actually they turn all receivers back on periodically. I didnt have a subscription for almost a year because they had turned them all on and never turned back off until recently. My husband has an old plug in receiver and its still going for a year now with no subscription.
11JKGIRL is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.