sirius sat radio reset - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > sirius sat radio reset

The Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!Don't forget the Jeep Forum discount, 10% off!Ruffstuff's Monster Shock Brackets!

Unread 04-21-2007, 08:30 PM   #1
dankor

sirius sat radio reset

had my jeep for about a month with the sat radio working fine, which was set up by the dealer. then last week sirius stopped and said to subscribe call ....

so i called and they said the suscription is fine and now i need to reset the radio so that it will take the sat signal to reactivate account.

has anyone else dealt with this. can i just pull a fuse or something. i'm affraid to take it back to the dealer cause they'll probably rip the radio out and damage the dash.

i'd like to take a crack at it myself before i go to the dealer.

btw sirius techs have no info for 07 wrangler.

dankor is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-22-2007, 12:55 AM   #2
07wurubi

2000 TJ Wrangler 

This might be a stupid question but did you check the manual? I read through the radio section when we bought ours but don't remember if there was anything about reset for sat radio. Maybe check it and see.

My Jeep:
00 Wrangler Sport 4.0L NV3550
4" RC LA full suspension system
Bilstein 5100 shocks all around
axles (30,8.8) with 4.88 gears ARB F/R
SYE and CV rear driveshaft from Drivelines NW
Currie HD steering (Thanks Savvy, Awesome customer service)
Savvy LED tail lights (Thanks again Savvy)
GY MT/R Kevlar 35x12.50x15 on 15x10 American Racing AR23
Bestop soft top with tinted windows
Smitty front and rear bumpers w/rear tire carrier
Smitty XRC8 winch w/synthetic rope
Smitty rear corners and rock sliders with step
Genrite aluminum 6" tube fenders front/rear
Dodge Durango steering box with Pure Jeep skid and M.O.R.E. steering brace
07wurubi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-22-2007, 06:51 PM   #3
dankor

yea i checked, i didn't find anything.
dankor is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-23-2007, 04:40 AM   #4
BillArf

Went through this on day one of ownership of my JK a couple of weeks ago. Anyway, with the JK parked in my driveway I called Sirius. They said they needed the specific Sirius hardware ID number for my Sirius radio so they could see it on their system and activate my radio with me being the account owner. Anyway, they were unsure how I would find the Sirius radio ID number they needed on my specific radio.

Anyway, I fooled with the radio for a few minutes and sure enough was able to make a selection that gave me the Sirius ID number for my JK's satellite radio. Gave it to the Sirius guy on the phone and he entered it into his system database. In about 20 seconds the Sirius radio in my rig was activated under my name.

****** SO, go out to your JK and turn the radio on. Be sure you are not parked in your garage as the radio needs to view the satellite when Sirius does the activation. With radio on, push the selection button that says "setup". After pushing setup, turn the large knob on the right of your radio until you see the words "Sirius ID number" or something like that. Write that number down! Now, while sitting in your vehicle with the radio on and "sat" on your radio selected, call Sirius and they will take that number from you and activate your satellite radio to Sirius with you being the account holder. This is all you need to do. No need to go to the dealer......

Last edited by BillArf; 04-23-2007 at 07:29 AM..
BillArf is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-24-2012, 03:28 PM   #5
JEEPpeep2008

I did ALL of the above... even went through all the steps with the Sirius tech on the phone, twice. They said I needed to do a hard reset of the tuner. I have found several posts of people asking about this, but NO ONE seems to know what the heck we're talking about.
JEEPpeep2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-24-2012, 09:10 PM   #6
DuraJeep
2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEEPpeep2008 View Post
I did ALL of the above... even went through all the steps with the Sirius tech on the phone, twice. They said I needed to do a hard reset of the tuner. I have found several posts of people asking about this, but NO ONE seems to know what the heck we're talking about.
If all else fails, try disconnecting the battery for 15 minutes or so. This might reset it.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.