Side Rear Window issues on 2012 soft top - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Side Rear Window issues on 2012 soft top

Jeep Liberty Wheel Bearing & Hub - FrontSAVE BIG: Christmas in July Sale!Jeep Liberty Window Regulator

Unread 07-30-2013, 07:34 PM   #16
gr8gazou
2013 JK Wrangler 

Wow. Thanks. I was having the same Problem with my 2013.

gr8gazou is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-30-2013, 10:16 PM   #17
PappyRamey
2013 JK Wrangler 

The dealer apparently had the top down on mine at some point before I bought it and didn't care how they put it back together. Two days after purchase I drive from coastal Georgia to northern Alberta. Somewhere in Iowa, hit at a good wind and the leading edge of the rear window panel popped out. I thought the top was coming off! Anyway, thanks to this very forum I found out what I couldn't find anywhere else. Slip the "L" into the channel and close the door! Man I felt stupid all over again.
PappyRamey is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-05-2013, 10:52 AM   #18
Afmcronnie
2013 JK Wrangler 

Start the zipper about 2 inches, then put the channel in, THEN zip it in. I put the bottom in last. Start the top of the channel first.
Afmcronnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-22-2014, 07:28 PM   #19
Grouchy187

Hate to resurrect an old thread but as a new JKU owner, this thread was really helpful, and might help others. I thought the window L just sat against the rear plastic door frame and the door closed and kept it in place. After seeing this thread, I realize that the L is supposed to be tucked INTO the plastic door frame from the front. Now the window gets a much better seat in place from top to bottom, leaving only a very very tiny opening near the top.
Grouchy187 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
issues , problems , soft top problems , window instalation , windows

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.