shutting off esc on 2012 rubicon? - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > shutting off esc on 2012 rubicon?

Dual Color LED Light Bars White/AmberTJ 5.25" Speaker Adapters - NalinMFGAlloy USA Still Available

Unread 09-05-2012, 05:23 AM   #16
bearman95

When I hold down the button for 5 seconds I hear the beep and it reads off where the odometer is located. I have a 12 mw3 cod. But the 12 owners manuel does not tell you this.

bearman95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-05-2012, 05:27 AM   #17
bearman95

You also have to be in 4 hi .
bearman95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-05-2012, 06:45 AM   #18
robinson86

Quote:
Originally Posted by smcutter View Post
Can you confirm that you've done this in a 2012, not just a 2011 or older? It does not work in my 2012.
I can confirm this as I have done it on my 2012. There is no way to do it in 2wd though outside of an external modification that I know of.
robinson86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-05-2012, 08:31 AM   #19
MoreMud
2012 JK Wrangler 

I've thoughly been through this with Chrysler. It was one of my biggest beefs with the 2012 model.

"Due to federal guidlines NO manaufactor will allow you to turn off ESC on a 2012 or newer model". this comes srtaight from Chrysler ( I called them and opened a ticket with customer support and had it escaleted and this was their official response). no buttons, no wheel dance or anything else will make a diffrence.

I absolutely HATE pulling into fast moving traffic and if a wheel even starts to spin the engine shuts down, rain, snow or ice IT's terrible......

HATE IT !!!!!!!!!
just getting started.....
MoreMud is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-05-2012, 01:35 PM   #20
smcutter
Web Wheeler

2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by robinson86

I can confirm this as I have done it on my 2012. There is no way to do it in 2wd though outside of an external modification that I know of.
Awesome. I just tried it and it works for me too! I just wasn't holding it down long enough.

More of a Tinkering Thread than a Build Thread (smcutter)

Colorado Jeep Club Member #302
Keep Calm and Chive On!
And for the record, I'm probably judging you for your bad grammar or spelling.
smcutter is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.