Shut off Tire Pressure Warning Light??? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Shut off Tire Pressure Warning Light???

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRubicon Express Suspensions from CCOR 706-207-4140Smittybilt Hard Tops @ Oconee Off-Road! 706-534-9955

Unread 02-26-2009, 09:25 AM   #1
dallas01
2009 JK Wrangler 

Shut off Tire Pressure Warning Light???

I put on a new set of tires and rims that do not have the tire sensors. Needless to say the warning light comes on. Any way of turning that warning light off? Thanks.

dallas01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-26-2009, 09:27 AM   #2
JC KJ
2007 JK Wrangler 

Check out AEV
JC KJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-26-2009, 09:27 AM   #3
Jakemd98
Choosy moms choose jeep.

1997 TJ Wrangler 

tear your dash apart and pull the bulb... why did you not have the sensors transferred over to your new wheels?

97 Jeep Wrangler
4.0, 5 speed AX-15, D44 & Ford 8.8 w/Detroit - 4.88, NP-231, OME 2.5" coils w/1.25" spacers on front, 1.25" JKS BL, 35X12.50R15 KM2 on 15x8 Eagle alloys, Banks Header, Banks Monster Exhaust, Brown Dog MML, Rhino Liner, Tuffy Glove Box, AtoZ Rockers, Optima Red Top Battery.

1998 GMC Yukon

Wilmington weekly 4x4 meet
Jakemd98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-26-2009, 09:55 AM   #4
dallas01
2009 JK Wrangler 

I was hoping I could just get the light turned off rather than have ten tires broken down just to transfer the sensors. By the way what is "AEV" as posted by JC KJ ?? Thanks again.
Unread 02-26-2009, 09:57 AM   #5
N2rock
2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dallas01 View Post
. By the way what is "AEV" as posted by JC KJ ?? Thanks again.
http://www.aev-conversions.com/products/procal_module/

BTW- does anyone know if the AEV is VIN locked?

His: '07 Unlimited X, Jeep Green, Hardtop, auto, 5.13, 2.5" RC lift and too many mods to list

Hers: '08 X Red Rock, soft top, auto. Bunch of mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlgraham View Post
If you made a snuggy out of a Shamwow, ....would you have to get up off the couch to pee?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deepskyy View Post
At this point if Obama tried to move a little to the right, he would trip over Stalin's corpse.
N2rock is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-26-2009, 09:58 AM   #6
je1330
2009 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
I was hoping I could just get the light turned off rather than have ten tires broken down just to transfer the sensors. By the way what is "AEV" as posted by JC KJ ?? Thanks again.

He's refering to the AEV ProCal, which will allow you to set the TPMS pressure down to Zero which should turn off the lights. I think that's what it does, anyways.

AND, I just bought a set of wheels/tires and had the monkeys at Wal-Mart transfer over the sensors for a total of just $14 a tire. $70 was worth it. They didn't remount the old ones to the old wheels, but I'm gonna sell them seperately anyway.

-- jason
je1330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-26-2009, 11:11 AM   #7
GPV
2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by je1330 View Post
He's refering to the AEV ProCal, which will allow you to set the TPMS pressure down to Zero which should turn off the lights. I think that's what it does, anyways.

AND, I just bought a set of wheels/tires and had the monkeys at Wal-Mart transfer over the sensors for a total of just $14 a tire. $70 was worth it. They didn't remount the old ones to the old wheels, but I'm gonna sell them seperately anyway.

-- jason
You let Wal-Mart touch your Jeep....................seriously good luck with that!

2008 Jeep JK Rubicon Unlimited (Bought for Wife)
2007 GMC 2500HD Duramax (Work Horse)
1982 Honda CB 900F Supersport
2001 Honda RC51
GPV is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-26-2009, 11:46 AM   #8
dallas01
2009 JK Wrangler 

Thanks gent's!! I agree on Wal-Mart as I can never seem to get things done right there either...
Unread 02-26-2009, 02:09 PM   #9
edwin907

I'd love to get the AEV Procal and turn off the TPMS light/chime, as I have the Hutchinson's with the beadlock rubber belt inside and TPMS sensors aren't really an option.
Well actually I guess you could band them to the rubber beadlock belt, but I haven't seen anybody do it yet and the AEV would be cheaper. And the Jeep TPMS sensors are rotation activated, so we can't just put them into a "pressurized pipe bomb" like on my Lexus.

Yes the AEV is VIN locked, but I have heard Hypertech may add this to the
Max Energy which I already have, so I'm going to hold out for a bit and see what comes about.

Now the AEV has some other really neat features which might force me to buy one anyway, in particular the high idle setting which would be good for winching. However there is at least one other way to accomplish that as well, so I'm still holding out.

edwin907 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-26-2009, 02:23 PM   #10
je1330
2009 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Thanks gent's!! I agree on Wal-Mart as I can never seem to get things done right there either...
Yea, well, I took a chance, lol. I wanted to have a local shop do it but it came down to being a Sunday afternoon and wanting to have it done NOW instead of the next day, LoL.

They didn't listen, but they still got the job down and didn't mess anything up. Took 15min to explain to them there was NO NEED to do ANYTHING to the computer for the TPMS, that they were not to flash the computer for anything. Eventually they understood/accepted that they would not be charging me for that.

And, I still think it's funny that they didn't even ask about the fact that the tire size was going up. They were so insistant that they had to tell the computer what corner each sensor was on (morons, how would you rotate tires then?) but they ignored the fact that the speedo would need correcting, LoL

fyi, I had Screaming Lizard's in DFW flash the speedo before I even took the tires home, those guys rock and take care of you!

-- jason
je1330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-26-2009, 02:46 PM   #11
b_c
2008 JK Wrangler 

man, i like that procal thingy majig...

b_c

greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends -john 15:13
b_c is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-26-2009, 04:44 PM   #12
Jakemd98
Choosy moms choose jeep.

1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by je1330 View Post
Yea, well, I took a chance, lol. I wanted to have a local shop do it but it came down to being a Sunday afternoon and wanting to have it done NOW instead of the next day, LoL.

They didn't listen, but they still got the job down and didn't mess anything up. Took 15min to explain to them there was NO NEED to do ANYTHING to the computer for the TPMS, that they were not to flash the computer for anything. Eventually they understood/accepted that they would not be charging me for that.

And, I still think it's funny that they didn't even ask about the fact that the tire size was going up. They were so insistant that they had to tell the computer what corner each sensor was on (morons, how would you rotate tires then?) but they ignored the fact that the speedo would need correcting, LoL

fyi, I had Screaming Lizard's in DFW flash the speedo before I even took the tires home, those guys rock and take care of you!

-- jason
We do it as Sam's too... it's a flat rate there as well, i honestly don't remember how much it is though. And as far as telling the system where the tires are, i don't thing Chrysler's have to be told.... I know pretty much all of GM vehicles do though, and it has to be done EVERY time you rotate them.

Now that i think about it some jeeps do have to be told, but it's the ones that tell you exact pressures of every position on the dash....

97 Jeep Wrangler
4.0, 5 speed AX-15, D44 & Ford 8.8 w/Detroit - 4.88, NP-231, OME 2.5" coils w/1.25" spacers on front, 1.25" JKS BL, 35X12.50R15 KM2 on 15x8 Eagle alloys, Banks Header, Banks Monster Exhaust, Brown Dog MML, Rhino Liner, Tuffy Glove Box, AtoZ Rockers, Optima Red Top Battery.

1998 GMC Yukon

Wilmington weekly 4x4 meet
Jakemd98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-26-2009, 07:10 PM   #13
elfamiglia
2012 JK Wrangler 

So where are these sensors? attached inside the rims? Just curious since I am looking for nicer rims than the standard steel ones that came on my X. Thanks
elfamiglia is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-27-2009, 06:05 AM   #14
N2rock
2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by elfamiglia View Post
So where are these sensors? attached inside the rims? Just curious since I am looking for nicer rims than the standard steel ones that came on my X. Thanks
Yes, inside. When you have your tires mounted onto your new wheels, just tell them to move the sensors. Some shops charge extra for this, some don't. Either way just get it done at the same time they are mounting the tires so you don't have to deal with it later.

His: '07 Unlimited X, Jeep Green, Hardtop, auto, 5.13, 2.5" RC lift and too many mods to list

Hers: '08 X Red Rock, soft top, auto. Bunch of mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlgraham View Post
If you made a snuggy out of a Shamwow, ....would you have to get up off the couch to pee?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deepskyy View Post
At this point if Obama tried to move a little to the right, he would trip over Stalin's corpse.
N2rock is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.