Should I? - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Should I?

CCOR is your 1 stop source for everything Jeep!TJ 5.25" Speaker Adapters - NalinMFGSteinjager TJ tube doors

View Poll Results: What should I do?
Get the Power Wagon 7 10.94%
Keep the Jeep & trailer 18 28.13%
Sell the MINI & Trailer; keep the Jeep and PW 29 45.31%
Sell it all for bacon 10 15.63%
Voters: 64. You may not vote on this poll

Unread 05-28-2010, 09:37 AM   #16
skivviss
2010 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeepSky View Post
This seems like an easy decision to me. Sell the trailer & Mini (as fun as they are) and get the PW to tow you're new Sahara trail rig around with.
this should have been the only option, i concur.

skivviss is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-28-2010, 09:52 AM   #17
LovinFirstJeep
2008 JK Wrangler 

i say sell the trailer to me and then decide the rest after!
LovinFirstJeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-28-2010, 12:49 PM   #18
hansonian
2004 LJ Wrangler 

Get rid of the Mini, spend that money on bacon. Sell me the trailer and buy the PW to tow the Jeep. Trust me this is the best way to go
1969 CJ5 - Ran into the ground and left for dead
hansonian is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-28-2010, 02:06 PM   #19
frenchlayer
2010 JK Wrangler 

I sold my mini for the rubi, and would advise you to do the same. Though that is a sweet truck and an even sweeter trailer. I am close so you can sell the trailer to me. Were you in atlminis by chance?
frenchlayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-28-2010, 03:37 PM   #20
Hilldweller
2014 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by waterboarder View Post
In that case, I'd just bite the bullet and get a small RV (:
Needs offroad capability.
A Four Wheel Camper is a possibility; we sat with the owners at the closing barbeque at Overland Expo and got to play in their truck quite a bit. The dog loved the camper...
Four Wheel Campers

Quote:
Originally Posted by daggo66 View Post
That being said, how do you get up in the tent area of the PW?
I'd mount a box or two that would double as steps.
Watch the videos on Martyn/Mario's website:
AT FlipPac

Quote:
Originally Posted by frenchlayer View Post
I sold my mini for the rubi, and would advise you to do the same. Though that is a sweet truck and an even sweeter trailer. I am close so you can sell the trailer to me. Were you in atlminis by chance?
I'm still in AM and keep in touch with Trey and Cocasteve.
Cocasteve has an old Bronco and an FJ Cruiser that he wheels when his wife lets him.

Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing.- Helen Keller
Hilldweller is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-28-2010, 03:41 PM   #21
Hilldweller
2014 JK Wrangler 

Does anybody here really want to buy the trailer? I'd love for it to go to somebody that will actually use it...
I've got a little $$ tied up in it though and would have to get most of it back out. Tough trailers aren't cheap.

T-dog, what was your running total for your home-built? Include an hourly wage for your man-hours too.

My friend Stumpy is just finishing up this home-built:

Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing.- Helen Keller
Unread 05-28-2010, 07:23 PM   #22
waterboarder
2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hilldweller View Post
Does anybody here really want to buy the trailer?
I'd love to - but you'd never sell it for what I could afford to buy it for.

Quote:
T-dog, what was your running total for your home-built?
I have not looked in a while, but it's around $6000-$6500, and it's not really done yet.

Quote:
Include an hourly wage for your man-hours too.
I have no idea how much time we've spent on build it. But even if you only figured it at $10/hr, it would be a lot of money. I don't think it's a fair thing to try to add that cost though - since the reality is that it DIDN'T add cost. If I were going to PAY that cost, I'd have have someone else build it. Half the point of doing it yourself is to avoid spending that money.
waterboarder is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-28-2010, 08:27 PM   #23
mclaggan123
jeepaholic

2006 LJ Wrangler 

what are you asking for the trailer? ive been looking for one. there hard to find in va beach.

2006 Rubicon unlimited, silver. 5.5" long arm lift. 35" BFG KM2's on 15" black steelies. skidrow steering skid and radiator skid . LOD rear bumper with tire carrier. Flowmaster 44 exhaust. .CB with tuffy Overhead storage . Offroad lights in bumpers front and rear plus 2 more on the winch hoop.
mclaggan123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-29-2010, 05:48 AM   #24
Hilldweller
2014 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclaggan123 View Post
what are you asking for the trailer? ive been looking for one. there hard to find in va beach.
Lordy, I don't know.
Like our Alaskan mentor said, you pour so much of yourself into them...
And the guy with the PW just PM'd me with a higher price so I might have to think of something different. Like an F250 with a topper. Which doesn't get my juices going like a Power Wagon at all.

I need a sign.

Unread 05-29-2010, 07:22 AM   #25
JIMBOX
Web Wheeler
2008 JK Wrangler 

Well, if you're at this point now HD, Get an entry level RV and tow an older wrangler !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hilldweller View Post
Lordy, I don't know.
Like our Alaskan mentor said, you pour so much of yourself into them...
And the guy with the PW just PM'd me with a higher price so I might have to think of something different. Like an F250 with a topper. Which doesn't get my juices going like a Power Wagon at all.

I need a sign.
I never saw any of this coming and it's none of my business--but it happens

I know whatever you do will include the outdoors--so combine comfort/versatility and dependability !!

Some things never change--really, they just take on a different form-

Do whats right for you and your family-nothing to worry about !!

JIMBO
JIMBOX is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-29-2010, 08:23 AM   #26
Hilldweller
2014 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JIMBOX View Post
Well, if you're at this point now HD, Get an entry level RV
Never. Nope; couldn't do it. No Gypsy Wagon for me.

Earthroamer, Sportsmobile, Global Expedition Vehicle, Turtle Expedition ---- yes.
But a Winnebago? Shoot me first...

My wife and I traveled by motorcycle at first; we were Iron Butt Association members and went all over the place. About 375,000 miles together in the 14 years we had a bike and a bit more for myself solo.
But several health issues forced me to sell the bike and take it slow; that's why I got back into camping.
And got a Jeep.
I had 14 pickups but never a Jeep; I really really like it.

Dale's wife seems interested in the MINI right now and we might work out a partial trade. If the deal falls apart, it falls apart.

Trailer price; $9000.

Included in sale that didn't come with it: the new 30" mud tires, two hard-2-find 10 gallon propane tanks, AT Max Coupler with locks, group 34 Die Hard Platinum marine battery with charger (1 year old), stove & gas line, all tupperware that fit the shelves I built, the LED lights I just made, extra poles, Cabella's 4" comfort mattress, spare set of wheel bearings, & 43 quart Edgestar refrigerator.

Things that came with it:
Two 19-gallon water tanks, huge freakin' tent with fold-out queen bed, huger freakin' tarp with poles, 4 Wolfpack ammo cans with steel shelving, electric panel/circuit breakers, pots/pans/plates/cups/glasses/silverware service for 6 (really), stainless steel prep surfaces, 5500 pound axle, whatever the heck else I forgot like the shovel, axe, weed thrasher...

tent poles and water live down low; I hinged the license plate for easier access:

set up for decent weather, no tarp, awning flaps out:

set up for heavy rain; tarp pitched down for run-off:

Unread 06-02-2010, 09:57 AM   #27
Russrover
2007 JK Wrangler 

Bill,

What did you decide to do?

RED JEEP CLUB MEMBER #586
Russrover is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-02-2010, 09:35 PM   #28
yoda13
Force Wheeler

2007 JK Wrangler 

Another vote for selling the mini and trailer, getting the PW, IF you can still swing it and keeping the Jeep...I plan to never be without a Jeep again either...
2007 White Jeep Wrangler X-auto, black freedom top, 15x8 Pro Comp Rock Crawlers, 33x12.5x15 BFG KM2s, Superchips Flashpaq, 2" OME Spring Lift, Bilsteins, Rusty's Adjustable front and rear trac-bar, JKS Quicker Disconnects, Rusty's adjustable lower control arms (front and rear), PolyPerformance adjustable upper control arms (front and rear), OEM Rubicon Rock Rails, Finishlinewest Stonehenge Series rear bumper, Smittybuilt winch, Body Armor Front High Clearance Bumper w/ KC Highlights mounted, Roadmaster towbar, Valley 2" receiver hitch, Skid Row Engine Transmission skid, sPod switching system, KC Highlights windshield mounted lights, Delta replacement non-quadbar xenon headlamps, and Bestop saddlebags-Member of the United Four Wheel Drive Association and Blue Ribbon Coalition, †John 3:16†

RIP Mrs. yoda13... My life is better for having had you in it and you made me a better man...I can't wait to see you again...I love you always and forever, and for all eternity

If you want to help the sport of off-roading, and protect your right to do so, please visit the Envirobeat
forum...

yoda13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-03-2010, 03:11 AM   #29
Hilldweller
2014 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russrover View Post
Bill,

What did you decide to do?
I'm still struggling with the decision; the seller is interested in the MINI.

I like the truck but I'm having a problem justifying a move from a glorified tent to another glorified tent. Wet canvas is still wet canvas and I live in Georgia where I always have a better than average chance of camping in the rain.

I think I'm going to keep what I have for now and maybe trade the MINI for a 2500 diesel 4x4 and do my own build on it. Finish it with a 4Wheel Camper; Tom says he can build me a double-slider bed to fit my inconvenient height.

Unread 06-03-2010, 05:29 AM   #30
alaskanthunder
2007 JK Wrangler 

I love that truck... BUT and this is a BIG BUT!

NO CUMMINS?!?!?

Come on!

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.