Shocks - Stock or Upgrade - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Shocks - Stock or Upgrade

Savvy/Currie Aluminum Control ArmsROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO December Specials at Jeephut.com

Unread 11-22-2010, 11:52 AM   #16
asknight
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by stubbornspot View Post
What if I'm running just the rear bracket for a little while and then get the adjustable trackbar in maybe a month or two? Would that be too long? I mean how long before it starts causing problem?
It all depends on how much you flex your suspension during that time and the age of the OEM rubber bushings. As they age, they aren't as pliable and tend to not return to original dimensions after being compressed in a certain position for any length of time. You'll probably be OK.

Quote:
From the sounds of it a 2.5 inch lift puts you out of alignment by about .25"-.5" So if the rear bracket corrects half of that, its not too far off for the time being.
A 2.5" lift will put your front axle out the drivers side ~1/2" and your rear axle ~1/2" out the passenger side. That's 1" of misalignment F to R.

Quote:
Sorry for the huge number of questions. Always been a DIY type person, just never with my cars. The Jeep has inspired me to learn how to do some new things.
No worries! That's why we're here on the forum to learn and advise. I'm not an expert by any means, but my TJ has been kinda problematic so I've been forced to learn quite a bit when I'd rather be driving it.

asknight is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-23-2012, 07:25 PM   #17
4DFUN
2008 JK Wrangler 

Don't know if I messed it, but I am trying to figure out the stock shock length, extended.

Thanks
4DFUN is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-23-2012, 07:47 PM   #18
ncb

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4DFUN
Don't know if I messed it, but I am trying to figure out the stock shock length, extended.

Thanks
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f96/o...ength-1266993/
ncb is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-28-2012, 12:57 AM   #19
4DFUN
2008 JK Wrangler 

Thanks
4DFUN is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-12-2012, 01:45 PM   #20
ISLANDERQUEEN
2010 JK Wrangler 

I have gone thru 3 tires, working on another 2 because of unusual wear. Dealership says they can't find anything wrong so I checked w/a tire co and they say shocks r bad. I only have 28k miles on my Jeep Wrangler 4dr. (2010) Should I replace shocks w RS9000XL or go w/ what dealership wants to put on?
ISLANDERQUEEN is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
bb , budget boost , jk , shocks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.